94

Chapter 94 Ambition

“Don’t worry about it. This has nothing to do with us. Let’s wait and see.”

Eden could not bear to watch any longer. He turned off the TV.

Tomorrow was the day to select for the public performance. Amelie had no time to care about other things. She went back to her room early to rest.

The next day, Amelie was awakened by a call.

“Hello?”

She fumbled for her phone and put it beside her ear.

**

“Ms. Mullen!” It was Belen. She was full of joy early in the morning. “Have you seen the

news?”

“What?”

Amelie got up from the bed and turned on the computer.

She did not expect that the first thing she saw was a piece of breaking news about Prosperity Global.

“The biggest shareholder of Prosperity Global is suspected to be guilty of murder and smuggling. All the entertainers in this company will be removed from the public performance in Oakland.”

Amelie read out the news word by word.

“Really?”

“Yes, so there is no need to hold a selection today,” Belen replied with a smile.

Amelie thought, great.

Amelie let out a long breath. She did not expect that these four people would finally be able to participate in the public performance.

Miriam came to the company early in the morning. She rushed into Lamont’s office, but she bumped into Macey. Macey was searching for something inside.

“M–Ms. Aylward.”

Miriam was so scared that she stuttered, and her eyes were full of panic.

Macey looked a little embarrassed.

“What are you doing here?”

“Uh… I’m here to get a document.”

“Oh.” Macey nodded thoughtfully and moved aside from the desk. “Come and take it.”

Miriam stepped forward, pretending to look for something in the drawer.

“Miriam, you’ve done quite well.” Macey glanced at her from the corner of her eyes.

“Thank you.”

Miriam felt a chill run down her spine. If Macey could harm her son, there was nothing

she did not dare to do.

However, other than agreeing with Macey, Miriam couldn’t say anything else.

“What do you think of my relationship with Lamont?”

“Ah?”

Faced with such a strange question, Miriam was a little confused.

“It’s pretty good.”

www.

Miriam could only say so. She thought, what if Macey decides to deal with me?

“You’re right.” Macey didn’t say anything else. Miriam randomly picked a document.

However, when Miriam wanted to go to Lamont’s office again at night, she found that the lock on the door was changed.