62

Chapter 62 Amelie Is Free

“Listen to me, Amelie. Although the child is gone, you can…” Aaron helped Amelie fix her messy hair and wanted to help her improve her mood because of the loss of the child.

However, Amelie interrupted him softly.

“Aaron, it’s OK. I’ve already thought it through. It’s just a child…”

Although she was suppressing the sadness in her heart, Amelie could not help but sob when she spoke.

Amelie clenched her fists tightly, her long nails digging deep into her flesh as if she wanted to use this physiological pain to alleviate the pain in her heart.

Knock, knock

There was a knock on the door, and Tyler and Daron said in a low voice, “Rex, can we come in?”

“Come in, Amelie is already awake.”

Aaron raised his voice. As soon as he finished speaking, Tyler and Daron impatiently pushed the door open and

entered.

“Aaron, you’re back.”

“Yes.”

Tyler and Daron looked at the pale Amelie on the bed. Although they wanted to comfort her, the words were stuck in their chests, and they did not know how to start. They could only walk to her side and stand silently.

“Oh, right, this was sent by Rohan. He said that you like to hear it.” Rex broke the silence in the room. He fumbled out an album and handed it to Amelie.

It was “Soul for You“.

Amelie rubbed the cover of the album. This should be Rohan’s new song. There was a small figure running in the

forest printed on it.

“Rex, can you play it?”

Rex carefully took the album and stuffed it into the radio. The moment his fingers pressed the play button, the melodious piano sound was heard.

This must be the accompaniment composed by Rohan. Only he could make such a touching song.

The people in the room did not speak, silently listening to Rohan’s voice, which was half depressed and half cold.

At this time, only Rohan’s songs could make Amelie calm down.

Amelie lay on the pillow, her hand with a needle inserted in it slowly tapping.

“Go and buy some food for Amelie.”

Rex instructed Daron in a low voice. However, before Daron could get up, Amelie suddenly bent and curled her tongue into a “U” shape.

This sudden action shocked the people present, and they all came forward.

“What’s wrong? Do you feel uncomfortable?”

“My stomach hurts.”

Chapter 62 Xnelie is Free

1/3

Amelie pressed down on her stomach, trying to relieve nausea.

Get Bonus

Seeing this, Rex hurriedly took the trash can from the side. “Amelie has been unconscious for so many days. She is too weak, and her stomach is cramping. Daron! Go and buy some easy–to–digest food!”

Daron, who had received the order, did not dare to delay and immediately went out.

Amelie, who had tried her best to spit out some gastric juice, glanced at the box of medicine in the trash can.

She pushed away Aaron’s hand, which was wiping the corners of her mouth, and pointed at the medicine. “Who sent this? Why did you throw it in the trash can?”

Aaron and Rex exchanged a look.

“It was sent by Lamont.”

Hearing this, Tyler and Daron were both shocked and had a look of disbelief.

“What does he want?”

“He definitely came for nothing good.”

“I’m afraid he’s using the excuse of delivering things to see Amelie make a fool of herself!”

Amelie’s brothers were all guessing Lamont’s intentions. Only Amelie was staring at the medicine in a daze.

She remembered that there was once when she had a high fever in the Byron’s house, but she still had to clean the stains in the kitchen under Macey and Leila’s instructions.

That night, she lay on the bed and listened to the sound of the wind and rain outside. Amelie wondered if she was going to die of illness in the Byron’s house.

In a daze, she heard a slight movement. She opened her eyes and saw that Lamont had returned.

“Did you take a shower or not? You stink.”

The voice full of disgust and disdain still lingered in her mind.

Fortunately, Amelie was lucky. She wrapped herself in the quilt and slept. The next morning, she got better.

One would only cherish when something was gone.

Amelie could not help but curse in her heart.

It was fine that the child was gone. Even if it was born, because of Lamont, there would always be a layer of

estrangement between her and the child.

Amelie sighed lightly. From today onwards, there was no longer any relationship between her and Lamont.

After resting in the hospital for a few more days, Amelie was discharged from the hospital under her brothers‘

company

She had been lying in the hospital for half a month. When she left, she felt that the air was extremely fresh.

The driver who was drunk had already been sentenced, but Amelie was not happy when she heard the news.

On the contrary, Amelie felt that it was that person who had helped her get rid of the past situation, allowing her to regain her freedom.

She had to choose between love and bread. Since she had lost confidence in love, she should work hard to earn her living.

Get Bonus

She rested at home for more than half a month. Rohan and Luciana came to see her, but she felt that Rohan was

hesitant when he looked at her.

Emilee cried and apologized on the first day Amelie was discharged from the hospital, and she also brought a lot of high–grade clothes.

In short, everything was slowly getting on the right track, and the car accident was slowly fading away from Amelie’s

mind.

Finally, under Amelie’s coaxing and pestering, Aaron finally agreed to let her continue to work, but she couldn’t work more than four hours a day, and her brothers had to take turns picking her up from work.

“What? So I have no freedom at all?” Amelie complained in dissatisfaction. She had been recuperating for a period of time, and her complexion was rosier than before the car accident.

“This is something that we and our father carefully discussed. You don’t have the right to resist.” Aaron, who was wearing a white sleeveless shirt, held a morning newspaper and sat in front of the dining table. The thin clothes revealed his bulging muscles.

Rex had just come back from the morning run. He only had a towel tied to his body after the bath. Now, he was shirtless in front of the coffee machine that Eden had just brought back. Tyler and Daron were studying a weekly report from the company on the sofa and discussing the next step of the expansion plan.

In the eyes of outsiders, they would be envious of Amelie being surrounded by so many handsome men. But Amelie just wanted to be free.

“Amelie, you should listen to Aaron.” Rex held a cup of coffee and placed it in front of Amelie. “I made it. Try it.”