99

Chapter 99 A Sudden Change

“Just wait to lose the lawsuit!”

With that, Macey walked into the court with an arrogant smile on her face.

Gina and Amelie were both speechless. This was the first time they had seen someone who was in the wrong yet still so unscrupulous.

Not long after, Sasha rushed over with a stack of documents in her arms.

“Everything is almost ready. We can go in now.”

Sasha nodded at Gina and went in directly from the inner court. As an auditor, Amelie

had to wait outside until the court was in session.

Unexpectedly, when Amelie was in the hall, Lamont came with a lawyer.

“Why are you here?”

“For a lawsuit.”

Lamont said those words through his teeth and found an empty seat to sit down.

Amelie didn’t wait for long, and she entered with other people.

She felt a little strange when she saw Macey sitting alone on the dock and looking

anxious.

“Mrs. Byron, where is your lawyer?”

The judge motioned for everyone to be quiet.

“Uh… Maybe something happened to him on the way here. I’ll call him again.” As she

spoke, Macey grabbed the phone on the table and dialed a number, her hand trembling.

After a moment of silence, a cell phone rang in the court. It was from the auditorium.

“Whose phone is ringing? Please don’t use your cell phone during the court session. Please keep it silent.” The judge looked at the auditorium unhappily, while Macey pointed in the direction of the ringtone and shouted with unusual excitement, “He is my lawyer!”

All of a sudden, the audience booed. When Macey saw the person sitting next to her

lawyer, her expression became even stranger.

“How did you come out?”

Amelie followed Macey’s line of sight and looked over. It was Lamont and the lawyer he

brought.

“Mr. Brown?”

Sasha muttered in a low voice.

“Why can’t I come out?”

Lamont stood up, buttoned his suit, and stared straight at Macey. “Everyone, take a good look. This is my biological mother. Not only did she frame me, but she also forced me to a dead end.”

“Hiss…”

There was even louder noise in the court. The judge asked the auditors to keep quiet but to no avail. He needed to call the bailiffs to maintain order.

Because of Lamont’s identity, the police could only persuade him gently.

“Sir, please calm down. This is a court. Please be serious.”

Lamont quieted down, yet Macey was still restless.

“What nonsense are you talking about? When did I frame you?

“Lamont, you have no conscience! I am your mother! How can you disrespect me like

this?

“Tell me clearly!”