97

Chapter 97 Act Recklessly

“Huh? Ms. Mullen, since you already know my identity, why are you still confused about my purpose?”

Jeff looked at Amelie up and down, as if he was admiring a rare treasure.

Amelie felt a chill in her heart from his gaze, and she uncomfortably tidied her collar.

“I just feel like the Capet family won’t be interested in Starry Sea Entertainment.”

“Haha,” Jeff took out a document from his briefcase. “Ms. Mullen, it’s a waste of talent if you continue to work in Starry Sea Entertainment.”

Amelie skimmed through it roughly. It was an introduction to the general manager position of the largest securities company belonging to the Capet family.

“Mr. Capet, what do you mean?”

He wants me to be the general manager there?

“Just as you think, our company indeed lacks talents like you.” Jeff’s voice seemed to be full of magic, possessing a unique magnetism.

Amelie almost laughed at his words.

“Mr. Capet, thank you for your kindness, but I don’t need such an opportunity. My own family also needs me.”

“I see…”

A trace of loneliness flashed through Jeff’s eyes, but then there was light. “It doesn’t matter. The Capet family will support Starry Sea Entertainment like before. I only hope

that we can make friends.”

Amelie wanted to say no, but she couldn’t. Jeff was from the Capet family!

Who could refuse such a huge temptation of benefits?

Amelie hesitated for a while and nodded in agreement.

“I will stay in Oakland for a few months. If you have any trouble, you can call me. My

number is on the business card.” Jeff curled his lips, looking extremely attractive.

“Oh, right. About the shares of Starry Sea Entertainment. Let’s settle the contract

today.”

Jeff directly handed the shares transfer letter he had prepared earlier to Amelie.

After Amelie signed his name, he asked tentatively, “Ms. Mullen, do you really not remember me?”

“Huh? Not at all.”

Amelie froze for a moment and shook her head. “May I ask where we have met before?”

Jeff’s face was filled with faint disappointment, but he still maintained his gentle voice. “It’s fine. We just walked past each other. Ms. Mullen, if you don’t remember me, then forget it.”

Amelie tried hard to recall for a long time, but in the end, she chose to give up.

She walked past so many people every day. How could she remember everyone?

“Then I won’t disturb you. I will let the public relations team spread this news. Ms. Mullen, see you again.” When Jeff was leaving, he still made a gentlemanly farewell

salute.

Only those aristocratic families of foreign countries would train their descendants with such etiquette. It seemed that Jeff was from a quite noble family.

Amelie looked at the shares transfer letter in front of her and still felt like she was

dreaming.

When she got off work that night, Amelie saw two luxury cars in the parking lot. One belonged to her family, while the other had an unfamiliar license plate number.

“Ms. Mullen!”

“Amelie!”

The owners of the two cars waved at Amelie at the same time. Only then did the two

men realize that they were waiting for the same person.

“You are?”

Aaron looked at Jeff with a vigilant expression and quickly pulled Amelie into his arms.

When Jeff’s gaze fell on the hand that Aaron had placed on Amelie’s shoulder, Jeff was displeased.

“Aaron, he is the new shareholder of our company, Jeff Capet. And Jeff, this is my big

brother.”

Amelie was also very surprised. She did not expect that Jeff would actually wait for her

here.

“Oh.”

Aaron was also a man. With his instinct, he could tell that Jeff must have some feelings

for Amelie.

Jeff was relaxed when he heard that Aaron was Amelie’s big brother.

“It’s nothing. I just want to invite Ms. Mullen to have a meal together to celebrate our cooperation.”

“Sorry, dinner is already prepared at home. Thanks a lot, Mr. Capet.” As Aaron said this, he dragged Amelie into his car.

Along with the roar of the motor, Aaron drove the car away without even looking at Jeff. Only Amelie waved him goodbye.

After the car drove a distance away, Aaron complained with slight dissatisfaction, “Amelie, you shouldn’t have waved him goodbye just now. I have seen such kinds of men many times. They just like young and beautiful women. Don’t be deceived.

Amelie did not know whether to laugh or cry. “That sounds a little too much. Aaron, do

you often do this?”

Hearing her teasing, Aaron still looked tense. He didn’t smile at all. “I’m serious. Amelie, you just broke free from one cage. I don’t want you to be hurt again.”

Realizing that Aaron was really angry, Amelie put away her joking attitude just now. “I know, but that man’s identity is not ordinary.”

“Even if he is not ordinary, you should still be careful.

“He is from the Capet family.”

“Which one?

“The famous one that focuses on investing?” Aaron sounded a little relieved.

“Yes, Jeff came to the company today and signed the shares transfer agreement with me. He also told me that I could go to him if there were any problems in the future. It’s al bit strange.”

Aaron pondered for a moment, and his face was solemn. “In short, nobody in the Capet family is a fool. You have to be wary of Jeff.”

“Okay.”

They didn’t chat after that. Amelie was so sleepy that she almost fell asleep several

times in the passenger seat.

While waiting for the traffic light, Aaron looked at Amelie’s lovely sleeping face. He could not help but feel a little distressed.

Everyone loved Amelie, but she also suffered a lot as she grew up. Their father was strict with her. He treated her the same as the boys. After experiencing the hardship of falling in love with the wrong man, now, she had to work hard for her career.

Just as he was thinking this, a message popped up on the car feed screen.

“Explosive news! Starry Sea Entertainment has received an investment from the Capet family! The stock has skyrocketed by 35 points!”

35 points!

Aaron’s eyebrows twitched.

Jeff did well. He was willing to spend money on Amelie.

When the two returned home, Amelie was still sleepy and had not woken up. But the

whole family came to gather around her. Everyone was asking about the investment from the Capet family.

“In fact, I am not very clear why he chose Starry Sea Entertainment. Every other

company in the Mullen family is a better choice. I think he’s acting recklessly.” Faced with curious questions from her family members, Amelie had nothing to answer. She was also puzzled.

The return of the disguised princessOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara