92

Chapter 92 An Accident

“Great!”

With a burst of warm applause, the lunch officially began.

Waiters came back and forth, offering caviar, goose liver, black truffle… All kinds of exquisite dishes were served on the table.

“We often eat this dish at home. I didn’t expect that the chef here would make it so

impressive.”

Amelie pointed at the stew lobster and brought some for Aaron.

Halfway through the meal, Amelie saw Lamont, who was not far leave the dining table.

away,

stand up

and

Amelie knew that Lamont had the habit of going to the restroom midway, so she did not

take it to heart.

However, the accident happened ten minutes later.

“Ah!”

An ear–piercing scream pierced straight into the ears of everyone present.

Everyone’s gaze turned in that direction. Perhaps they all thought that something like a rat had frightened a lady.

The words that came later caused everyone to fall into a panic!

“Blood! Blood!”

Hearing this, Aaron immediately pulled Amelie into his arms and looked around

vigilantly.

The hotel manager also rushed over after hearing the news.

“What exactly happened?”

The screaming lady pointed to the ground beside her. “He… He’s bleeding…”

Amelie stretched out her neck and looked around for a long time. From the bustling crowd, she seemed to see a man lying on the ground.

“Stop looking. Let’s go first.”

Aaron pulled Amelie away with a serious face and left the banquet hall.

“Aaron, did you see that?”

“What?”

“That man.”

“Well, not familiar.” Aaron did not want to speak too much on such an occasion, so he went straight out of the hotel.

To cause such a huge panic on such an important occasion, no matter who the one behind it was, they definitely had bad intentions.

The two had just returned home when they bumped into Eden and Celia, who were hurriedly preparing to go out.

“Dad, Mom, where are you going?”

When Celia saw them, she immediately threw down the bag in her hand and pounced on

them.

“I was scared to death. I saw on the news that something had happened to the hotel where your interview conference was held. So I pulled your father and we were going to take a look. Fortunately, you came back.”

Did the news spread so quickly?

Amelie and Aaron looked at each other and then put on a smile at the same time.

“It’s okay, Mom. We didn’t stay there. We went home as soon as something happened.”

Amelie comforted Celia with a sly smile and took them back to the house.