104

Chapter 104 The Mysterious Man

The police officer had no choice but to let the policemen put on their masks and enter the garbage dump to search.

Rex and Aaron did not stay idle either. They walked around the garbage without hesitation, trying to find some useful clues.

After a while, a slightly excited voice came from a corner, “Got it!”

A group of people immediately surrounded him. It was a piece of white cloth, which was particularly conspicuous in the dirty environment.

“Is there a problem?”

Aaron glanced at the first person to find this piece of cloth. It was Rohan.

Rohan rushed in after hearing Rex’s instructions. His hair was stuck to his forehead, and his whole body was emitting a strange smell.

“It feels wet. If I’m not wrong, it should be mixed with drugs.”

“Really?”

One of the police officers looked at Rohan suspiciously. How could an actor who looked. fragile know so much?

Rohan’s expression did not change. He calmly looked at the man who had voiced his doubts. “You can send it to the lab for testing, but before that, I suggest you collect the fingerprints on the surface first.”

“Why should we listen to you?”

Someone whispered.

“There isn’t so much reason. Hurry up and go.” Aaron and Rex were willing to believe in Rohan. The determination in his eyes was unquestionable.

Soon, news came from the laboratory.

“There is indeed a broken fingerprint of a suspect on the phone found at the scene,

but…”

“But what?”

Rex interrupted the police officer’s hesitant voice impatiently.

“However, after we compared the fingerprints in DNA’s fingerprint database, we found that the owner of this fingerprint was the person who confirmed death twenty years

ago.”

“What?”

Everyone was shocked.

Thus, the suspect dared to leave such an obvious tool at the scene.

Rex’s years of anti–reconnaissance experience allowed him to smell a trace of an

unusual criminal aura.

“The clues are basically cut off here. Please go back now. If there is any news, we will inform you immediately.”

“We will not go back. We will not leave until you find the exact clue.” Rohan stood in front of the police officer with a serious expression.

Aaron deliberated for a moment, but he still stepped forward to stop Rohan. “Let’s go first. Staying here is not a solution. I know you are worried about Amelie. Thank you on

her behalf.”

The surroundings gradually quieted down. Rohan could not refuse Aaron’s persuasion

and nodded silently.

On the way back to Oakland, he did not say a word. Rohan just stared blankly at the foggy night outside the window and the city light in the distance.

“Ah…”

It hurts…

Amelie slowly woke up and realized that she had been tied up and thrown on the hard