86

Chapter 86 Practice

Bang!

After waiting outside the operating room for a long time, Amelie was woken up by a faint noise.

She looked up, and the operation was over. Several doctors were walking out one after

another.

“Hey! Doctor!

“How’s Rex? Is the operation going well?” Amelie immediately got up from the chair and leaned over.

“It’s not bad. The patient’s physical fitness is good, so there were no typos during the operation. His anesthesia has not passed yet, and he should be able to wake up in the morning.”

The doctor could not help but yawn throughout the night. Amelie thanked him and waited quietly at the door.

Soon, lying on the bed, Rex was pushed out by a nurse.

“Let me do it.”

Amelie took over the bed and slowly walked back.

She was worried about Rex. She felt that Rex had become much thinner after the surgery, and his face looked particularly pale.

After sending Rex back to the ward, she went back to the company to prepare the

lawsuit.

With her father’s help, the five victims soon told the truth. The evidence collection went

smoothly.

“Amelie, the lawyer is already in the office. Do you want to see her?”

Seeing Amelie, Belen hurriedly stopped her.

“Okay, let’s go.”

Amelie readily agreed.

Amelie pushed open the door. A woman was sitting on the small sofa. She lowered her head as she flipped through the documents.

Amelie originally thought that as one of the top lawyers in Lionale Law Firm, the lawyer must be an elderly, meticulous, middle–aged woman.

Unexpectedly, the woman in front of Amelie had long, supple hair. The light makeup

added a gentle temperament to her, and her voice was soft. It was hard to imagine how she had won the debate in court.

“Hello, I am Sasha Stella from Lionale Law Firm. I am very happy to meet you.

Seeing Amelie come in, Sasha immediately got up and shook hands with her.

After the greetings, Amelie directly went to the point.

“May I ask what kind of judgment is most likely given to the defendant?”

Sasha was not in a hurry to answer. Instead, she took out a few documents from the pile

of documents on the table and placed them in front of Amelie.

“Look, this is the report of Ms. Barber’s injury. She only has some superficial and

moderate wounds.”

Amelie flipped through the documents, and her heart sank.

Kidnapping and attempted murder were generally measured by the amount of money and the degree of the victim’s injury. The problem now was that Gina was neither

blackmailed nor harmed.

This way, the punishment Macey would receive would be very light.

“Then…” Amelie frowned.