118

Chapter 118 Be Slapped

Amelie sighed and thought almost no company would take the initiative to terminate the contract with the Capet family.

All wanted to associate with the Capet family, but some could not even find good opportunities.

Moreover, Starry Sea Entertainment was just a small company. If news of the termination of the contract spread, it would seem that Amelie was too unappreciative. Meanwhile, it would also discredit the Mullen family.

Amelie would not be so stupid. As long as Jeff’s fiancée did not cause trouble at Starry Sea Entertainment, Amelie would be grateful.

“Mr. Capet, since Starry Sea Entertainment has chosen to cooperate with the Capet family, we will do our best to not disappoint everyone. However, other than the matters with Starry Sea Entertainment, I hope that there will be no more disputes in private.”

In other words, Amelie wanted to draw a clear line with Jeff. Meanwhile, Jeff could understand what Amelie meant.

Jeff’s heart suddenly skipped a beat. Amelie could even see a trace of bitterness in Jeff’s eyes. However, he soon became shrewd again.

“I see. Ms. Mullen, you want to keep a distance from me. We’re just partners, and I don’t need to care about the matter of the Aylward family.”

Eh…

Amelie thought that it was good for Jeff to think this way, but due to his identity, Amelie could not say it directly.

“Mr. Capet, I really didn’t want to bother you for such a small matter. Also, I am worried that Ms. Gladstone will misunderstand.”

Jeff nodded. He should have guessed that it was because of Cynthia.

Meanwhile, outside the window of a private room at Oakland Club, a man was staring at Amelie with anger.

He thought, this woman refused to meet me and then came to hook up with someone from the Capet family.

Lamont clenched his injured fists and almost lost control of himself. He even wanted to smash the window of the private room.

He was furious and almost short of breath.

“Mr. Byron, your ex–wife is good at hooking up with other men. If you’re jealous, why don’t you just rush in and ask?”

A woman’s voice came from beside him, and the gentle Lamont suddenly ran out of patience.

“A skittish woman like her is not worthy.”

Suddenly, Lamont turned his head and sized up Cynthia for a while.

“Did an A–list celebrity also like to snoop on others?”

Lamont recognized Cynthia at a glance, but his impression of her was really not very good. Before the Capet family came to a certain place, they would do a thorough investigation.

But even so, Lamont was still very disgusted with his own privacy being exposed.

“You don’t intend to go in?”

Cynthia winked in the direction of the private room.

“Amelie and I have divorced, which means that we no longer have any connection. It is her business to hook up with someone. Speaking of this, Mr. Capet should be your fiancé, right?”

Lamont hit the nail on the head and vented the anger he had suffered from Amelie on Cynthia. After all, Cynthia asked for it.

“Ms. Gladstone, you seem to be cheated on.”

“You!”

Cynthia was almost driven mad by Lamont. Finally, she couldn’t help but rush inside.

At first, she thought that Jeff and Amelie were simply talking about work, but according to Lamont, the two of them might be dating.

Cynthia didn’t care about any decency. She didn’t allow Jeff to have anything to do with

any woman, especially Amelie.

“Jeff!”

Seeing Cynthia swearing as she rushed into the private room, Lamont stood by the door and suddenly felt refreshed. He thought it was best for Cynthia to give Amelie a hard slap.

He thought it could make Amelie learn a lesson and stay away from Jeff in the future.

Cynthia suddenly appeared, which surprised Jeff and Amelie.

The moment Jeff saw Cynthia, he felt annoyed. Meanwhile, Amelie was looking for every opportunity to get away. She really didn’t want to participate in the affairs of the Capet family. She didn’t even want to listen.

After all, people often died miserably because they knew too much.

“Ms. Gladstone, you can have a good chat. I paid for the private room. Please excuse

me.”

Amelie saw that the situation was not good, so she wanted to leave but was pulled back. by the person behind her.

“Amelie, don’t go. Tell me if there is something you can’t say in the company. Why do you meet my fiancé in private?”

Cynthia specifically emphasized the word “fiancé“, trying to have the onlookers know who the home wrecker was.

Amelie was speechless. She had long felt that it wasn’t a good day. She did not expect it to be such a coincidence. It was hard to clarify it now.

Even Amelie had predicted the title of the trending topic at Oakland tomorrow, namely “The daughter of the Mullen family tried to hit on the son of the Capet family but was

caught“.

“Cynthia! Can you stop messing around? Do not forget your own identity.”

Jeff did not make any excuses. He looked impatient and was not even willing to look at Cynthia.

They had such an awkward relationship. As an experienced person, Amelie naturally

saw through it at a glance.

It seemed that they were asked by their families to get married, and this was just Cynthia’s one–sided love.

Just like how Amelie hid her identity and cut off her relationship with her family to marry Lamont, in the end, he wasn’t touched by what she did.

Cynthia gnashed her teeth in anger and took it all on Amelie.

Amelie was suddenly slapped. Before she could recover from the shock, she felt burning

all over.

At this time, Amelie’s feet slithered, and she was about to crash into the corner of the

table behind her.

“Amelie!”

Just at that moment, Jeff slapped Cynthia in the face far harder than she slapped Amelie.

Cynthia was thrown nearly two feet away, but Amelie, who was supposed to hit the corner of the table, fell into Jeff’s arms.

“If you dare to get hurt, Rex will kill me at any cost.”

That was true. Amelie got up in a daze and struggled out of Jeff’s embrace. This time, the misunderstanding even grew.

Amelie would rather believe that Jeff helped her just because of Rex.

Otherwise, Amelie could foresee that for a long time, she and Starry Sea Entertainment would be in trouble.