102

Chapter 102 Performance

Miriam’s heart suddenly beat quickly, and her body tensed up.

However, the hand on her waist did not move.

Miriam held her breath and turned around slowly. She saw that Lamont had fallen into a deep sleep, and his breath had stabilized.

She sighed with disappointment and felt ashamed of her thoughts.

Miriam wiped Lamont’s face and hands with a wet towel. After taking off his shirt and pants, Miriam took the blanket and curled up in the corner of the sofa.

Although she liked Lamont, she was not the kind of woman who would play lowly

tricks.

“Uh…”

Lamont opened his eyes and felt a splitting headache.

He licked his dry lips and was stunned for a few seconds before he realized that he was

not in his home.

Lamont sat up suddenly. The sunlight that shone through the gap between the curtains allowed him to see the furnishings in the room.

Could it be…

He threw the quilt and found that he was almost naked. Only underwear was on him!

“Are

you

awake?”

The voice pulled Lamont out of his conjecture. Lamont looked up. Miriam was leaning

against the door frame in her pajamas. Her long hair was loosely tied together on her shoulder. Because of the toothbrush in her mouth, she couldn’t speak clearly.

Lamont had never faced such a situation before. Under his calm expression was hidden surprise.

He remembered that he should have gone out to drink last night. Why was he in Miriam’s home?

“I… I didn’t do anything last night, did I?”

“No. I saw you drunk in the bar last night. You couldn’t answer my question when I

asked you about the location of your home. So, I brought you back.”

“Oh…”

Lamont was still confused. After thinking about it, he did not ask more.

“Get up and have breakfast. I’ve made it.”

Miriam left with a mug, leaving Lamont in a daze on the bed.

Damn it!

What did I do last night?

Lamont cursed inwardly and rubbed his temples. He quickly got up from the bed, put on

his clothes, and went outside the bedroom.

Miriam’s place was not like the big house of the Byron family. It was small and decorated in a reserved style. Although the open–style kitchen looked a little messy, it

could make the aroma of toast fill the whole apartment.

“I don’t know what you have for breakfast. I have always had bread with jam. Mr. Byron, do you want to warm milk or coffee?”

“Milk is OK.”

Sitting on the small chair in the dining room, Lamont felt at ease.

The talk show was playing on the TV, and Lamont and Miriam sat around the dining