90

Chapter 90 Amelie Tells Lamont the Details

“Ah?”

Belen was stunned for a moment and suddenly reacted. She said, “By the way, I was dealing with Gina’s matters on the day Rex had his surgery, so I wasn’t there.”

“Well, I’m afraid he won’t be able to go back to work. His condition after the surgery doesn’t allow it.”

Amelie told Belen about Rex’s situation briefly.

“Well…”

It looked like Belen was in a dilemma. Obviously, she did not know who she should be if she did go to the hospital to take care of Rex.

“It’s fine. Just sit on it. If you find it uncomfortable, I won’t force you.”

When Amelie got back to her office, she saw that many papers from Gina’s lawsuit were still piled up on her desk.

Sasha was right. There was no way to get the most severe punishment for Macey solely in Starry Sea Entertainment’s interests.

Amelie stared at the phone on the desk. After hesitating for a moment, she called

Lamont.

“What is it?”

“It’s about your mother.”

“What do you mean?” Lamont glanced at Miriam, who was busy organizing documents not far away. He got up and went outside the office.

“Don’t tell me you don’t know about the feud between the Byron family and the

Aylward family.”

Lamont’s heart sank and thought about all the clues that had come up in recent days about his mother’s relationship with Willard. There was more to their relationship than

it seemed.

“How about we meet up in the afternoon? We will talk then.

“OK.”

In the end, the two agreed to meet at a dessert shop not far from Amelie’s office.

“Mr. Byron.”

Lamont had just put down his phone when Miriam’s voice suddenly sounded behind

him.

“Mr. Byron, Ms. Aylward just asked me to remind you to prepare for the interview in a

few days.”

“I see.”

Lamont was doubtful.

Macey always went to the interview with Prosperity Global on her own. He didn’t know why this time was different.

At four o’clock in the afternoon, two people wearing sunglasses entered a dessert shop along the street one after the other.

After the two sat down by the window, a waiter immediately came forward to ask what

they wanted.

Lamont subconsciously glanced at Amelie and took the initiative to order, “A cup of coffee, a blueberry mousse, and a cup of fruit tea.”

“Sure. Please wait a moment.”

The blueberry mousse was one of Amelie’s favorite desserts, and she was kind of

surprised that he remembered.

“You may tell me now. What’s the connection between my family and the Aylward family?”