82

Chapter 82 A Conspiracy

Amelie took a quick glance and then frowned. The atmosphere was cold in the office.

“They didn’t admit that this matter is related to Prosperity Global?”

“It’s from the police. They are very stubborn. They refused to confess no matter what. They said that they were just doing it on the spur of the moment to rape Gina.”

Amelie sneered and threw a few pieces of paper on the table. “Let’s see how stubborn they are!!

In a high–class private club.

“How should we deal with Lamont?”

Macey leaned against the tatami and enjoyed the massage with comfort.

“Well, Macey, didn’t you say before that you would hold him down? Why are you so worried now?” Willard narrowed his eyes, holding a goblet as he gently shook it.

“Hmph! Who knows what that damn old man left for Lamont before he died! I have never been trusted ever since I married him!

In order to catch all of the Byron family’s assets, Macey endured everything and swallowed her anger for so many years. However, she didn’t expect that in the end, the situation became increasingly uncontrollable.

“Alright, now is not the time to complain.”

Willard waved his hand and chased the technicians out. He sat up on the small sofa.

“The only way to catch tiger cubs is to go into the tiger’s den. Since we have already

done so much, there is no way out.”

“You mean…

Willard did not speak. He placed his hand on his neck and scratched it.

“Hiss…”

Macey gasped, her eyes filled with worry.

“Wouldn’t it be a bit too much?”

“What? You don’t want to?”

The corners of Willard’s mouth curled into a sinister smile as he slowly approached

Macey.

“Nonsense! I just feel that it might cause unnecessary trouble.”

“Don’t forget that you should not have any feelings for the Byron family, including Lamont.” Willard stared at Macey’s eyes.

His words woke up Macey.

Lamont’s biological father, Abbott, was not the person that Macey loved. To be specific,

there was no relationship between the two at all.

It was all a conspiracy!

Macey was able to marry Abbott at that time because Willard had got Abbott drunk and

had sex with Macey.

After that night, Macey was pregnant. With this baby and her family background, she

finally married Abbott.

In the beginning, Draven did not like Macey and had always been wary of her.

Later, the birth of Lamont brought a trace of joy to this family that was full of oppression. Macey’s life began to get better.

Right, it’s nothing compared to wealth and glory, and the renaissance of my family.

Thinking of this, Macey, who had been hesitant, gradually hardened her heart. “How could I possibly have feelings for the Byron family? As long as the Aylward family could return to its former status, I can do everything!”