34

Chapter 34 Good Boss

Then this time, Starry Sea Entertainment would have to amaze the entire world.

Sylvia couldn’t pull herself together no matter how hard she tried. Because she was only a nobody, she only earned a place in Prosperity Global because of her beautiful voice.

This time, she had spared no effort to get a spot in the talent show. She knew that Leila, due to nepotism, would definitely make things difficult for people who were better than her. Therefore, Sylvia had been laying, low and never dared to steal Leila’s thunder.

If not for the fact that Leila was forced to leave the show by Lamont, Sylvia definitely wouldn’t have taken this contest

seriously.

Now that she had finally gotten into the final round, but….

All her efforts suddenly became pointless at the last minute, and all her cautiousness now turned into grievances and

resentment.

Although Sylvia wasn’t her employee, Amelie felt distressed when she saw Sylvia like this. She had an inexplicable urge to do something for Sylvia.

Just as Amelie was lost in thought, Sylvia got up.

People that had nothing were the bravest.

At this time, Sylvia was fearless. She wrapped the shawl around herself tightly, and her voice was small but firm.

“Mr. Byron, Ms. Aylward, I want to resign. From now on, I am no longer an artist of your company. So you no longer

have to worry that I will seduce you. Is it OK?”

Leila, who was pushed to the ground by Lamont, had a smug look on her face. She was about to open her mouth and say yes, but Lamont spoke first.

“No.”

“Why?” Leila and Sylvia said at the same time, but the former was angry, while the latter was tired and desperate.

“Sylvia, you haven’t forgotten the contract you signed before joining the company, have you?”

The contract!

Sylvia’s pupils suddenly constricted.

Prosperity Global was famous for its overly unfair contracts. Those who passed all their tests had to work unconditionally for the company for an agreed period of time. The artists who left the company before the contract expired had to pay a sky–high penalty.

Generally, the artists would not choose to break the contract unless they really couldn’t stand it any longer.

There were two reasons. Prosperity Global was a big company in the show biz. It had top–notch resources and offered the best training. No one was willing to give up on such a good opportunity.

Secondly, and most importantly… In fact, the pay that the artists could get was terribly little.

The split was usually 30/70 between the artist and the company. And the 30 percent had been deducted a lot by others before they got to the artists. In addition, most companies did not allow artists to have side jobs, so it was impossible to make extra cash.

The artists needed to take all these things into consideration. The money an artist made in ten years might be less Chapter 34 Soad Boss

than that an ordinary white–collar worker earned in five years.

Because she was too emotional just now, Sylvia suddenly forgot about the penalty thing

At this time, her bubble suddenly burst, and her spirits drooped like a deflated ball.

“Ha, you look destitute and certainly can’t afford the penalty…” Leila wanted to say something more, but she shut her mouth after being glared at by Lamont. However, she did not forget to shoot Sylvia a fierce glance.

It was as it Leila was warning Sylvia that she had plenty of ways to “fix” her in the remaining time.

Amelie saw clearly that Leila hadn’t changed at all and was sick as ever.

“Sylvia, do you want to join our company?”

When these words came out, not only Sylvia but even Lamont was also stunned.

“What do you mean by this?”

Lamont put himself between Sylvia and Amelie. “She is ours. Are you trying to poach her from us?”

Amelie was really bold. She was not content with half of his wealth, and now she was actually poaching his people in front of him?

She was getting more and more repulsive.

However, Amelie was not afraid of his gaze at all and stared straight at him.

Although she had not slept for the whole night, she still looked stunning.

“That’s right. I’m poaching your people,” Amelie smiled brightly. Her wide smile made Lamont’s heart skip a beat. “A capable man deserves a good boss. Sylvia should not be trapped by your unfair contract. She deserves a better future.”

“Ha, what about her penalty? Do you think Starry Sea Entertainment can afford it? You’re making a fool of yourself.”

Leila would not miss any opportunity to mock Amelie.

“I will pay for it.”

Amelie replied calmly, “Starry Sea Entertainment will pay the penalty that Sylvia owes you. I just want her.”

“Ms. Mullen…” Sylvia could not believe her ears. She had only worked for Prosperity Global for three years and was seven years away from the expiry date. The penalty must be unimaginably high. But now, Amelie was actually willing

to pay it for her.

As if Amelie knew what Sylvia was going to say, Amelie turned around and gave Sylvia a faint smile. “You are very

outstanding and are worth me investing in you.”

In the semi–final and the matches before it, Amelie had noticed this unprepossessing girl.

Whether it was together or solo, Sylvia performed with great ease. What surprised Amelie the most was that Sylvia’s voice was of the same style as Rohan’s. If the two could work together, they would definitely be able to create better

work.

At that time, Amelie felt a little pitiful that Sylvia was Prosperity Global’s artist. If it was some other company, Amelie would give anything to make this hidden talent hers. Luckily, she got her chance today.

Lamont looked at her coldly. Amelie was more dazzling than before both in terms of temperament and ability.

He could not help but think back to the days when he was so sick of her.

Chapter 34 Bond Boss

Why did he hate her at that time? Maybe it was because she was too unambitious or because she was too obedient and could never give him surprises.

He wouldn’t like such a boring woman.

“Alright, I’ll contact the finance department right now and see how much money you’ll have to pay for her.” As he spoke, he took out his phone.

Leila panicked. She still had a bit of resentment to take out on Sylvia. How could they let her go so easily?

“Lamont, you aren’t really going to let her go, are you?”

She tugged at Lamont’s sleeve like a spoiled child but was shaken off.

“Don’t touch me.”

His expression seemed to tell that she was a piece of dog shit.

In fact, he felt somewhat sorry for Sylvia. If he hadn’t barged into Sylvia’s room, Leila wouldn’t have misjudged their relationship and hit Sylvia like a shrew.