105

Chapter 105 Heartless

Oakland was in an uproar.

The disappearance of Amelie was known by everyone. Starry Sea Entertainment was temporarily under Aaron’s management. When he went back and forth between the two companies, Rohan would always ask him about Amelie’s whereabouts.

However, the reply was always the same. “Not yet.”

The Mullen family mobilized all their connections and almost turned Oakland upside

down.

But they still found nothing.

Especially Sergio. He had just landed when he received a message from Aaron. He almost grabbed the steering wheel to drive on his own to help find Amelie as soon as possible.

“Jeff! Can you help me with something?”

Rex was the most anxious and busy one. Everyone had their network in Oakland and could ask their friends to help them. However, because of Rex’s work, he couldn’t

mobilize anyone.

Moreover, due to the organization’s classified nature, it was difficult for the members to act on their own. Moreover, Rex could no longer be considered a member. Every day, he was on pins and needles. He was so anxious that he went around in the streets and alleys of Oakland on his motorcycle.

“I know. Is it about Amelie? Don’t worry, I have sent all the people in Oakland to look for her the day I saw the news.” Jeff guessed what Rex was going to say.

“Thank you very much!”

Rex let out a long breath and felt at ease.

“Whose call?”

Lamont glanced at Jeff who just returned from the private room and casually picked up

his glass to take a sip of the wine.

“It has nothing to do with you. It won’t affect you.” Jeff smiled. “Let’s continue. Where

were we?”

“Macey has been eliminated. Only Willard, the toughest one, is left. Although you have no obligation to help me, I hope that you can support me as a partner.”

“The toughest one…” Jeff pondered for a moment. “When I went to scout that night, I felt that he was a little abnormal. He sat alone in the dark study room and chuckled at a broken tile. It looked quite creepy.” Jeff pursed his lips and could not help but shiver.

Lamont looked at him in surprise and then returned to his normal expression. “He is not mentally ill. On the contrary, he is a person who values interests above all else. I have met him many times, and I have never seen a smile on his face except when he

faced Leila.”

“That doesn’t mean anything, right? He just dotes on his daughter, right?”

Jeff shrugged but was interrupted by Lamont.

“No, he is not as harmless as he appears on the surface. His eyes are often cold, and he looks at everyone with a judgmental gaze as if he is calculating how much he can profit. from making friends with this person.”

Probably because he drank wine, Lamont became talkative.

“The Aylward family was once the most powerful among the Four Great Families. Even if they declined, they would not be at the bottom. I’m afraid that Willard has a bigger

scheme.”

Jeff silently nodded. The two raised their glasses and clinked them. The clanking voice echoed in the private room for a long time.