101

Chapter 101 Encounter

Rex was not a punctilious person and just wanted to ask Jeff to order as he pleased. Rex had been out all year round, and he didn’t care much about food.

On second thought, he could be unconcerned about the food, but Amelie was picky. So, Rex handed the menu to Amelie, and he chatted with Jeff.

“How coincidental. I didn’t expect to meet you again with a different identity after so many years.”

Rex poured himself a glass of liquor and wanted to fill Jeff’s glass with it. Unexpectedly, Jeff took out the champagne he brought.

“Rex, different places have different customs. I’ll drink some champagne.”

Rex did not care. He waved his hand and continued to chat, “Where were you transferred after you were injured? I haven’t heard any news.”

“Don’t mention it. I was transferred to the Information Gathering Department. Originally, with my light injuries, I could go back after recovering. However, my family kept pressuring me to take good care of myself and not mess around anymore, so I stayed in the Information Gathering Department.”

Jeff raised his head and gulped a glass of champagne. “It was probably the year before last. My father passed away. I had no choice but to leave the organization and go back to help take care of the family business.”

“Help take care of the family business?”

Amelie raised her eyebrows and thought.

Although the Capet family was a big family and had many branches, it was strictly inherited. The branch family could not participate in family management. Only the direct descendants were qualified.

In other words…

As if confirming her conjecture, Rex blurted out, “Are you a direct descendant of the Capet family?”

“Yes,” Jeff smiled. “However, in the past two years, the Capet family has declined a lot. It’s better not to mention those meaningless titles.”

Amelie was shocked in her heart. When had the Capet family ever been in decline? Jeff

was too modest.

Since its establishment, it had always been famous in the investment industry and was always in prosperity.

After a few glasses of wine, Jeff and Rex were a little drunk.

Amelie silently picked up food and couldn’t help but sigh in her heart, they don’t even drink the same kind of wine. How could they be chatting so fervently?

Tinkle…

Amelie glanced at her phone. It was a message from Lamont.

“Where are you? Come out for a drink. Let’s have a chat.”

It was so late, yet Lamont still asked Amelie out.

He didn’t have good intentions.

“I don’t have time for now. Let’s talk about work during the day.”

Looking at the short line of words on the screen, Lamont put his phone on the bar counter somewhat disappointedly. He said to the bartender, “Another glass of gin fizz.”

Soon, a glass of cocktail was placed in front of Lamont.

Lamont gulped it. The cold liquid mixed with bubbles went straight into his stomach. It was as if he could still feel the pleasure of small bubbles popping up in his stomach.