72

Chapter 72 A Silver Knife

They were worried.

The rain outside the window was getting heavier and heavier. In the car, even the air became stingy. Layers of sticky feeling wrapped around them, and beads of sweat appeared on Amelie and Rex’s foreheads.

“Ms. Mullen.”

“I’m here!”

Amelie immediately perked up when she heard Dave’s voice on the phone.

Dave stared at the moving red dot on the screen. “This car is only about 0.6 miles away from you. Listen to me and keep straight.”

Following Dave’s command, they gradually drove away from the city.

“Has their car not stopped yet?” Looking at the gradually darkening sky, Amelie could not help but feel worried for

Gina.

She did not dare to think that if Gina was killed in the car that was sent out, she would definitely feel guilty for the rest of her life.

“Looks like they are going to an abandoned warehouse in the suburbs.”

“Triad Warehouse?” Rex asked from the side.

“You know it?”

Dave and Amelie said in unison.

“Yes.” Rex did not seem to be willing to mention it. Instead, he glanced at his phone, as if he was surprised by Dave’s

reaction.

The topic quickly ended, and the car returned to silence, with only the dull roar of the engine.

Not long after, Dave said, “Yes! They really stopped near Triad Warehouse!”

Amelie and Rex looked at each other and immediately hung up the phone to navigate to Triad Warehouse.

The raindrops hit the roof, making her panic.

Five minutes later, they arrived near Triad Warehouse.

“Get out of the car here, lest we attract their attention if we get too close.” Rex took out two sets of raincoats from under the car seat for them to change into.

“Wait!”

Amelie was about to push the door open and go out when Rex grabbed her arm.

“What’s wrong?”

Rex did not say anything. He took out two small GPS trackers from his bag and held them in his hand. “I always feel that these people are not easy to deal with. Just in case, put the tracker on you. I will leave a message for Aaron and others. If anything happens, they can find our positions through the computer in my study room.”

“It’s not a dangerous thing…”

Amelie mumbled as she placed the tracker in her pants pocket.

When they were finally ready, they quietly opened the car door and got out.

In fact, deliberately lowering the sound was completely unnecessary. The pouring rain had covered them in the noise. The sky had already turned completely dark. Amelie could not help but feel a little scared, but in order to save Gina, she still mustered up the courage.

After sensing her fear, Rex walked in front of her, one hand still tightly grasping Amelie’s fist in the palm of his hand.

“Don’t be afraid. I’m here.”

Soon, the two arrived at Triad Warehouse. The black car was parked in front of the door.

However, the strange thing was that the warehouse was dark and there was no light coming out.

“Rex…” Amelie was a little uncertain. What if they had a lot of people? What if they failed to save Gina?

Rex looked back. Although he could not see the expression on her face, he could feel her panic from her heavy breath.

“Amelie,” He turned back and squatted in front of Amelie. “If you are really afraid, go back to the car and wait for me.. I will go and bring Gina out, okay?”

Amelie admitted that at that moment, she was indeed a little afraid.

The moment she was about to say “okay“, the scene of Gina’s parents holding hands and thanking her continuously appeared in front of her again.

Was she going to let Rex face danger alone and then turn around to receive the praise and admiration of those who cared about Gina?

“Let’s go. We go in together.”

Amelie pulled her hand out of Rex’s and held his hand.

Rex was stunned for a moment and walked in front without hesitation.

Squeak…

Although they were already very careful, the moment they pushed open the iron door, they still made an ear–piercing

sound.

Then, the faint light from outside the window could barely be seen that Triad Warehouse was filled with abandoned

containers, and the garbage everywhere proved that no one had stepped into this place for a long time.

The heavy iron door and thick walls isolated the sound of rain from the outside. In this huge space, Amelie even had

the illusion that she could hear the echo of her heartbeat.

“Slow down/Something is wrong here.”

Rex stretched out his arm and blocked Amelie behind him. They pressed against the wall and walked inside.

However, just as they walked for a while, a sudden clap of thunder outside made Amelie tremble in fear. It was the light brought by the lightning that allowed her to see clearly that there was a human leg lying in the corner in front of

her.

Amelie suddenly felt scared, and she could not speak. Her heart almost jumped out of her chest!

She could only hold onto Rex’s sleeve tightly and let him look in that direction.

“Don’t be afraid.”

Charter 70%

Krifa

Get Bonus

Rex clenched his fists and held Amelie’s hand and walked over step by step.

Finally, they came to the corner and looked at the leg. It was Gina!

At this moment, countless thoughts popped up in Amelie’s mind. Was Gina dead or alive? Where were the people Macey sent? Had they already escaped?

The next moment, what happened forced Amelie to stop thinking, because the moment they poked their heads out, five or six big men with sticks suddenly sprang out from the corner!

“Watch out!”

Because Rex was always on high alert, he immediately dodged a falling stick, but Amelie’s attention was on Gina. Even though she had dodged to the side, her shoulder was still heavily hit!

“Damn it.”

Rex cursed and immediately pulled out a dagger from his trousers and waved it.

If not for the experience of spies and thugs in the past ten years, he might have died here today.

These men also saw that he was not easy to deal with. They quickly divided into two groups. Four of them faced Rex, and the remaining one stared at Amelie.

Fortunately, Amelie was thin and could dodge the sticks easily, but it was impossible for her, who was unarmed, to fight back

“Amelie! Catch!”

On the other side, Rex was already overwhelmed by the four people, but he took the time to take out a small thing from his pocket and threw it to Amelie.

The moment the thing flipped in the air, it coincidentally reflected the lightning outside the window, reflecting a dazzling light.

It was a silver knife with crooked and childish patterns engraved on it. Amelie never thought that this knife could be used in this circumstance.