112

Chapter 112 Amelie Is Seen Through

It was too abnormal!

Miriam became more and more excited. Her eyes were filled with happiness. She got an apple and sent it into Lamont’s mouth. If this continued, she might soon succeed and become his wife.

Seeing this scene, Amelie wanted to vomit even more.

She wanted to scold Lamont angrily. Why didn’t she know that Lamont was so thick–skinned before?

Amelie flared up. The more she thought about it, the angrier she became. The woman had been his assistant for a few days. Moreover, Miriam was arranged by Lamont’s mother, who wanted to take Amelie’s life back then, to stay beside Lamont.

Back then, Amelie had worked hard in the Byron family for five years without asking for anything in return. But Lamont had never doted on her.

Lamont seemed to enjoy being served!

Looking at the proud and arrogant expression on his face, Amelie felt that he seemed to be saying that even without Amelie, who was submissive and was willing to do anything. for him, there would still be countless women who would throw themselves into his

arms and serve him.

To be honest, Amelie was stunned by this scene.

“Ms. Mullen, do you like to watch others display affection? Why don’t you leave?”

What?

Amelie was confused by being mocked by Lamont. So, was he showing affection in front.

of her?

Was he crazy?

“I didn’t know that you actually liked this kind of flirting. I really widen my horizon. This is a good moment for you. I’d better not disturb you.”

Amelie quickly left the scene. Before she could suppress her anger, Amelie was shocked by the sound behind her.

A limited–edition Rolls–Royce Phantom was facing Amelie. It was Jeff.

1

“Get in the car. I got new clues.”

Amelie originally wanted to complain in a bad mood, but as soon as she heard that Jeff was here to deliver information to her, the anger in her heart suddenly subsided by half.

She opened the door and got in the car, sorting out her dress. Originally, Amelie thought that Jeff was a playboy with abundant resources.

Now it seemed that Jeff had real abilities, at least he was efficient, and Rex seemed to have a good impression of him.

“According to what you said yesterday, I found someone to investigate that the man. who kidnapped you was indeed Willard’s father, Galloway Aylward.”

Amelie exclaimed in her heart. At first, she was just guessing. After all, the only person who knew her grandfather and Draven among the four great families could only be

Galloway.

However, she did not expect her guess to be true. Then why did Willard announce the news that his father had died?

It seemed that the Aylward family must be hiding some shocking secret.

“You just came out of the hospital? Lamont is hospitalized?”

The topic changed instantly. Jeff looked at Amelie with a playful expression, as if he had seen through everything.

“You know Lamont?”

Amelie felt stupid about her question. The person sitting next to her was the only heir of the Capet family. With his methods, he could find out any information.

“This is my personal matter. It has nothing to do with investigating the Aylward

family.”

Jeff shook his head meaningfully.

“Actually, it’s not all that. The reason why Willard landed his hand on you is that you know what you should not know. Moreover, you always helped Lamont at a critical moment. Willard can no longer tolerate you now.

“I thought you should have thought of this a long time ago. You are smart.”

Damn it. When he mentioned Lamont, Amelie was very annoyed. He was such an ungrateful and selfish man. He was not worthy of her help.

and

“Maybe Willard misunderstood. From beginning to end, I only helped Lamont once, it was to win the lawsuit against Starry Sea Entertainment. When I have time, I have to explain it to him.”

Amelie shrugged indifferently. Jeff’s eyes made people feel mysterious. She still needed some time before she knew what kind of person he was.

Therefore, there was no need for Amelie to disclose everything to him without reservation. And she only believed half of Jeff’s words.

“How about I send you home?”

When Jeff said this, Amelie had already opened the car door.

“No. I am more used to taking my brother’s car. Moreover, they don’t want a strange man to send me home.”

Amelie got out of the car with an apologetic look on her face. Sergio came in time.

“Sister, I’m not late, am I?”

Amelie squeezed out a gentle and pleasant smile.

“Just in time!”

Jeff looked at Amelie, who had already disappeared, and smiled brightly. This woman was indeed very smart. What she said just now was to keep a distance from him.

Who would not love such a woman?

And Jeff loved this kind of woman the most. He whistled and stepped on the accelerator, and the top–notch phantom sped away in the roar of the engine.

“Mr. Byron, have another bite!”

In the hospital.

Lamont’s face darkened again after Amelie left the hospital. Miriam had no idea what had happened.

The fruit plate in her hand was suddenly pulled to the ground by force.