64

Chapter 64 Conflict

After all, more than half a month had passed. Less people were talking about the matter of Rick. The impact brought

by public opinion had already been suppressed to a minimum. The possibility of using this matter to threaten

Prosperity Global to give up the qualification for public performance was very slim.

But to let those four people perform together, Amelie still wanted to give it a try.

Thinking of this, Amelie immediately called Lamont.

Unexpectedly, Lamont directly hung up.

Amelie didn’t think too much about it and got busy with other things.

“Who is it?”

Macey looked at Lamont strangely. “Why aren’t you answering?”

“Nobody.” Lamont indifferently replied. He tapped the document in front of him with his pen, indicating that Macey should concentrate on the meeting.

“Mr. Byron, please make a summary of today’s meeting.” A man who looked like a manager gestured to Lamont.

Lamont nodded and pushed the two sides of the suit forward. He tied a button and walked to the middle of the meeting room. “Just as everyone can see, Prosperity Global is currently in…”

Macey looked at Lamont with a face full of doubt. Macey had a premonition that the phone call just now should have been from that bitch Amelie.

When Miriam reported to Macey about Lamont going to the hospital to visit Amelie, Macey already felt that it was not simple. Macey thought, it is not easy for me to kick Amelie out. Now, I absolutely cannot allow them to get along.

After the meeting ended, Macey hurriedly stopped Lamont, who wanted to leave.

“Come to my office. I have something to tell you.”

Lamont did not speak and just took it as a tacit agreement. However, before Lamont left, he gave Miriam a warning look

“What is it?”

Lamont sat down on the sofa with an impatient expression and lowered his head to look at his watch.

“Do you have feelings for Amelie?”

Looking at Lamont’s defiant appearance, Macey couldn’t help but get angry.

“No.”

The brief answer and perfunctory attitude immediately ignited Macey. Macey quickly walked over to Lamont, grabbed the watch in his hand, and threw it on the table.

“What kind of attitude is this? Can’t you answer me properly?”

Lamont didn’t want to argue with Macey, so he silently took back his watch and blew away the dust.

Lamont didn’t expect such a reaction would make Macey angrier. In Macey’s eyes, it was like Lamont didn’t care about her at all.

“Lamont! Do you think that I can’t control you now?”

Chapter 64 Sonflict

Because Macey’s office was surrounded by transparent glass walls, her words immediately attracted the attention of a few people passing by outside the door.

No matter how calm Lamont was, he couldn’t sit still in the face of Macey’s indiscriminate scolding.

“Can’t control me? Are you afraid that you can’t control me? Miriam was arranged by you to be by my side, right? This has already been installed with human–shaped monitoring beside me, yet you still can’t control me? You might as well use a chain to lock me up!”