85

Chapter 85 Mutton Soup

Mr. Byron is insufferably arrogant in front of everyone. Actually, he is fragile.

Thinking of this, Miriam decided she must be loyal to Lamont.

He must have full trust in me. Otherwise, he wouldn’t tell me all of these.

“Don’t worry, Mr. Byron. The conflicts between you and your mother are normal. If you communicate more with her, maybe they will be solved!” Miriam even unconsciously held his hand.

A trace of displeasure flashed through Lamont’s eyes as he discreetly pulled his hand out and placed it under his head.

“Then, Mr. Byron. Should I go back to work?”

Miriam put on her usual smile as if she had forgotten the unpleasant episode just now.

“Sure.”

Lamont watched her leave the office, and then immediately wiped the hand that she had just touched with wet towels.

Heh, women are so easy to deceive.

He needed to disparage her first and then say some insignificant sweet words and trivial matters of life. The woman would think that she was his confidante.

He had already tested this skill on many of his previous assistants. He did not expect

that it would always work.

As long as Miriam betrayed his mother for him, he would not have to worry about

Macey’s tricks.

At Highland Hopsital.

“Are you ready?”

Aaron looked at Rex, who was lying on the bed, and could not help but be worried.

“Alright, Aaron, since when you are fussy like Daron?” Rex waved his hand to indicate that there was no problem. Daron, who was at the side, immediately complained of dissatisfaction.

“Rex! How am I fussy? Explain.”

“A man should be decisive, and you are not!”

“Rex!”

Daron raised his fist and then put it down. “Hmph! If not for the fact that you are sick today, I would have fought you.”

“Stop arguing. Fortunately, there was no traffic jam on the way here, so I was able to make it back in time,” Amelie said as she jogged in from outside.

She panted as she held the bag in front of Rex. Her face was filled with a proud smile as if she had obtained a treasure.

“This is the mutton soup I specially brought for Rex. Try it. I wish your operation goes smoothly!”

“Mutton soup!”

The other brothers all came up with shining eyes.

Although the Mullen family was the number one hidden tycoon in Oakland, the mutton soup was also an extremely rare dish for his family. Only their previous maid knew how

to cook authentic mutton soup.

After she died, they never had such a wonderful dish.

“Amelie! Where did you find it? I smelled it the moment you entered the house.”

Aaron forgot about all of his usual etiquettes and rummaged through the large bag.

In the end, he dejectedly threw the light bag to the side. “What? It’s only for Rex?”

Hearing this, Rex immediately held the small bowl in his hand tightly. “I warn you; no one can snatch it from me, or I will blackmail you!”

However, in front of the temptation of the mutton soup, this insignificant threat was nothing. The other three boys all surrounded him like hungry wolves pouncing on food.

Just as they were arguing, a doctor came in and knocked on the door.

“Rex, get ready for the surgery.”

Seeing that it was too late, Rex was about to hold the bowl and take a big gulp. The doctor pushed his glasses sharply and immediately stopped Rex, saying loudly, “The surgery will be too long. It’s best to keep your stomach empty! There should be a nurse who should give you glucose liquid just now, right?”

“Uh… yes.”

Rex nodded.

“That’s enough. Put down that mutton soup. You can have it after the operation.

As he spoke, the doctor called the nurses to carry Rex to the transfer bed.

The delicious soup that was about to reach his mouth disappeared just like that. Rex looked at the small bowl that was getting further and further away from him until it was shared by the three “hungry wolves“.

Amelie followed all the way to the door of the operating room. A second before Rex entered, she quietly whispered in his ear, “Actually, I bought four pieces. When your surgery is over, the three pieces will be yours.”

Rex’s eyes lit up and he kept holding Amelie’s hand and shaking it. “Thank you, Amelie. You are the best!”

As the iron door of the operating room closed, Amelie sat in the chair in front of the door as if she had exhausted all her strength.

She wondered how Rex would feel when he heard that she could no longer return to the

organization after the operation.

The phone rang. Amelie closed her eyes and rested for a moment before taking out her

phone from her bag.

“Amelie, my grandfather replied.”

“What did he say?”

Amelie immediately sat up straight from her chair and listened carefully to the voice on the phone.

Luciana looked at the documents awkwardly. “Well. When I told my grandfather last

night, I originally wanted to invite Jasper Brown, the best lawyer. But he was taken by someone else an hour earlier.”

It could be heard that Luciana was blaming herself because of this matter.

“Never mind. It’s fine. I’m already very grateful that your grandfather and you are willing to help me. How can I be disappointed because I didn’t get the best lawyer?”

“But Jasper has always been invincible. I failed to invite him. I’m really sorry.” Luciana

was still a little worried.

“Well, if you continue to blame yourself like this, I will be sadder than you.”

Amelie talked for a while and finally made Luciana less burdened.

“Amelie, but don’t worry. We still have the silver lawyer. She doesn’t have a lawsuit in the next two days. How about I arrange for her to meet up with Belen?”

“Of course. By the way, Luciana, when are you going to invite your grandfather? I want to talk to your grandfather face to face.”

“Simple. How about tomorrow?”

“Sure,” Amelie agreed.

She absolutely could not rely only on others to move forward. She had to let Conrad see her strength.

Amelie believed that only when Conrad knew she was trustworthy and worthy of long–term cooperation would he provide long–term service for her.

She knew that she still had a long way to go. She had to rely on her own efforts to make the company big! This was also worthy of the identity of the daughter of the Mullen family.