61

Chapter 61 Amelie Comes Around

Lamont entered the ward and slowly approached the woman who was still in a coma on the bed.

It was a great sound–proof room. The surroundings were quiet, and the air was filled with the smell of disinfectant

fluid.

“Child…”

A light murmur startled Rex and Lamont. Rex rushed to the hospital bed and held Amelie’s hand, comforting her

softly, “It’s okay. I’m here.”

“I want the child…”

Lamont frowned and looked at the woman who had been smugly negotiating with him yesterday. Now, her face was

pale and bloodless.

He could not tell how she felt now. He only felt that his heart was dull and painful.

He had never seen Amelie being so weak before. In his memories, she was either obedient, allowing others to do whatever to her, or strong and arrogant.

Lamont seldom saw her lying quietly on the bed and occasionally murmuring in her sleep.

“Have you seen enough? Please go back.”

Rex rudely ordered Lamont to leave. Now, he felt that Lamont was not pleasing to the eye.

Lamont did not speak. He unconsciously scanned the room and saw several albums on the bedside table.

He quickly walked over and held the albums in his hand.

“He came?”

At the thought that the man had come to see Amelie before him and left his things in this room, Lamont could not help but feel angry. How could he visit Amelie? Lamont thought angrily.

Rex really couldn’t stand it anymore, wondering, did Lamont treat Amelie’s ward as his home? He looked around and touched her things without permission.

Just as Rex was about to drag Lamont out, there was a movement at the door.

“Rex?”

Rex turned around when he heard the voice. It was Aaron, and Rohan was with him!

Aaron’s gaze immediately fell on Lamont. He strode over to Lamont, and the two men with equal height and temperameny confronted each other.

“Lamont.”

Aaron’s eyes flashed with a trace of ruthlessness. His thin lips were tightly pursed, and the sharp bridge of Aaron’s nose revealed his arrogance that he disdained anyone or anything.

“Is it because you didn’t suffer enough from the Mullen family so that you still have the mood to wander around Amelie’s ward?”

Rohan, who was the least noticeable, watched quietly from the side. He had been watching Amelie’s ward quietly from the corner, but Rohan had not expected Aaron, who had just gotten off the plane and rushed to the hospital, to bump. into him.

As the boss of the entertainment company, Aaron recognized Rohan at a glance. Aaron thought that Rohan had come to visit Amelie, but Rohan was too embarrassed to go in, so Aaron invited him to come in.

Unexpectedly, the three men in front of Rohan were at loggerheads as soon as he entered the ward. Rohan didn’t know what to do and could only stay here.

If they had a fight, Rohan was not a match for the other people in the ward.

Lamont smiled faintly and took out an exquisite small box from the pocket and placed it on the table. “This is some precious medicine. It can improve her health.”

As he spoke, he turned his gaze to Rohan. “I mean nothing. I just came to see my ex–wife.”

Lamont just showed off to Rohan. After all, Amelie had once been with him. No matter how the media hyped up Rohan’s relationship with Amelie, Lamont and Amelie were once husband and wife.

“Lamont, stop pretending to look affectionate.” Rex picked up the box and stuffed it into the trash can without looking at it.

The Mullen family lacked nothing. What was there to show off?

“If you don’t come to trouble Amelie, it will improve her health.”

Lamont shrugged regretfully and looked at the medicine with regret.

This was the precious medicine that the boss of the bathing center specially sent over to Lamont for cooperation.

Lamont gently pushed away Aaron, who was in front of him, and left the ward on his own. Of course, before leaving, Lamont gave Rohan a warning look.

Lamont never paid any attention to an artist.

Rohan saw the mocking gaze. But his current status was low, and he did not have the strength to contend against

Lamont.

At this time, only the Mullen family and he were left in the ward.

“Didn’t you leave long ago? Why are you back again?” Rex sized him up.

“I was worried about Amelie and stayed outside.” After hesitating for a moment, Rohan decided to tell the truth.

Aaron seemed to know something unusual and asked Rohan to leave first.

When Aaron and Rex were left in the room, Aaron said, “How could you let him into Amelie’s ward? This is not your style.”

Rex looked annoyed at this as well. “Alas, I didn’t know where he got the news. He knows that I am a spy.”

“What?”

Aaron was also shocked. This matter could not be leaked out. Otherwise, those enemies would come looking for them. At that time, the Mullen family would face a disaster.

Thinking of this, they could not help but sweat.

However, Lamont doesn’t seem to have any intention of making this matter public.”

If Lamont really wanted to go against the Mullen family, he would probably make this matter public when he heard the news.

Chapter 61 Xmelie Comes Around

2/3

“Anyway, I still have to tell father about this matter and let him make the decision.”

They discussed this matter for a while before Aaron finally sat down and took a good look at Amelie.

Get Bonus

“Alas, you will never know when an accident will happen. Before I left, Amelie complained to me that I didn’t accompany her for a prenatal checkup, but now, the child is gone.”

Aaron clenched his fist and smashed it against the wall. Unexpectedly, this slight vibration seemed to wake Amelie, who was on the bed. Her eyelashes moved.

“Amelie?”

Aaron immediately noticed this small movement. He pulled Amelie’s hand and called out her name softly.

Amelie’s head was dizzy…

Amelie heard Aaron and Rex calling her, like two bright lights in the dark, guiding her to slowly open her eyes.

“Rex…”

Rex felt warm in his heart and almost shed tears as well.

Amelie had suffered too much, and he had never fulfilled his duty as her elder brother and had been working outside all year round.

“It’s fine. It’s all in the past.” Aaron knew what Rex was thinking. He put his arms around Rex’s and Amelie’s necks and comforted them softly.

As long as Aaron was here, he would not let his siblings suffer.