𝟶𝟶𝟷 | 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝙱𝚎𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜

' NEW BEGINNINGS '

' NEW BEGINNINGS '

! REWRITTEN VERSION !

•———•

"Hey, [Name], are you feeling alright?" My friend rested a comforting hand on my shoulder, the two of us walking slowly out of a party we were invited to. "You drank a lot today..."

"Huh?" I repeated her last words, and pressed a finger to my temple out of irritation. "Trust me — I'm fine! Today was about letting loose, remember?"

"I know! But, I just can't help but worry about you!" She forced me to face her by grabbing my shoulders in a tight grip. "You're my best friend!"

"Hey, I'm fine, really..." I reassured her, and gave a soft smile. "You can worry about me after I get a good nights sleep. I feel like face-planting on the ground due to this exhaustion."

She quietly laughed at my words, and replaced her worried look with her usual one. "Well, alright! If you say so! Go get some rest, and I'll talk to you tomorrow."

"You bet!" I gave her a closed-eye smile, and she gave me one last look, before turning on her heels to walk off.

I heard the sound of wheels running across the road, and when I glanced over, I saw a familiar yellow-styled car coming in my direction.

"Taxi!"

—————

The first thing I did when I got home was change, and get ready for bed. I really was tired...

When I finished brushing my teeth, I fluffed out the pillows on my bed while yawning several times, about to literally collapse.

Right before I could lay down to sleep, though...

"[Name], darling! You have a package!" My mom shouted from downstairs, getting my full attention.

"A... package? This late?" I rubbed my sleepy eyes, a method to try and keep myself awake just a little longer.

I lazily exited my room, and slowly made my way down the stairs to the first floor of the house. My mom immediately greeted me with a smile, holding some sort of box.

"What's this?" I asked her, and her smile beamed from my question for some reason.

"What was that show you liked?" She asked, and began to open the box with a pair of scissors. "One Bitch, or something?"

After hearing that, I immediately sweat-dropped, and raised my hands up as a gesture of refusal. "Um— no... You mean 'One Piece', right?"

"Yeah, that one!" Her lips curved into an even wider smile. "I can't believe I forgot! Say, I went on Amazon today... and I found... this!"

When she finally opened the packaging, she pulled out some sort of charm, taking me by surprise since I didn't expect it.

It was a bracelet, one with a charm on the front of it that looked exactly like the Straw Hat logo. I took it from her grasp and examined it thoroughly.

"It's so cute!" I could practically feel sparkles forming around my head due to joy. "Thanks, mom! I love it!"

"If you love it, you'll put it on!" She looked at me with a teasing grin, and the both of us laughed from her statement.

I, of course, gladly adjusted the bracelet around my wrist without hesitation. It sounds strange, but, the bracelet felt magnifying, in a way. How do I even explain something like that?

"Seriously, mom, I really appreciate it..." I huffed, managing to calm all the excitement bubbling from inside me.

"Make sure to treasure it!" She exclaimed before forcefully turning me around, and patting me on the back. "Now, go to bed, sleepy head! Remember, I love you!"

The smile I had on my face stretched from ear to ear, and I started to walk up the steps, but not before saying one thing. "I love you too, mom. 'Night!"

Despite how energetic I felt just a few seconds ago, it was quickly overridden by the familiar feeling of sleepiness.

Once I got to my room, I shut the door to it and fell face-first onto my bed, groaning from how long of a day it was.

My head was pounding a little from all I drank, and how much I partied earlier with my friends.

I flipped over on my bed, and found my back resting against the mattress. I looked up at the ceiling, and rubbed my forehead to try and ease the pain just a little.

The bracelet on my wrist was pretty and all, but it's not comfortable enough to sleep with for several hours. I tried to take it off, but... It felt stuck to my skin, and didn't budge.

"Huh? Did I tighten it too much?" I asked myself, and tried to loosen it since being too tight was my suspicion, but it still didn't come off at all.

Breaking it wasn't an option. This is a gift from my mom, so I can't just yank it off with the risk of it coming apart completely.

"A new subject!"

"Wah?!" I jumped at the sudden presence of a random voice, nearly making me fall of my bed.

"Jeez, what, are you scared?"

"Who the hell is speaking right now?!" I questioned, and looked around desperately to see if there was a stalker in my room or something.

"Down here, you idiot."

I looked down like the voice suggested, and the only thing that caught my eye was the bracelet I had on my wrist.

"Finally! Say, you ready to go?"

"Ready to go? What do you mean?" I asked, but as soon as I said that, my vision started darkening. "What the..."

"You'll see, human!"

"H—Hu..." I stuttered, but much to my dismay, I wasn't able to even finish my words.

My vision went dark.

—————

When I woke up, I was greeted with the sounds of morning birds chirping, and leaves rustling through the wind.

My surroundings were... Unfamiliar. When I glanced down at my wrist, the bracelet my mom gave me was gone.

Where am I? What happened?