𝟶𝟶𝟿 | 𝙲𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

It was a terrible day to go looking for berries right now. It was humid and rainy, yet I still was forced to come outside.

Belle said earlier, 'Back in the day I carried heavy boxes in the rain, and even jumped in muddy puddles!', while giving me the most judgmental look. Rude!

At the moment I was in a forest, rain pouring down on me through the gaps of the leaves above me. When I don't want it to rain, it rains! And when I do want it to rain, it doesn't even get close.

Sighing, I pulled up the hood of the jacket I was wearing, hoping it would protect my hair at least a little for now. I asked if Belle had a rain jacket but.. she said no. Apparently nobody in the village had a rain jacket I could borrow..

There were also like no berries whatsoever. I looked everywhere at this point, and nothing has came up. Berries are Kids favorite food, so I am requested to come out here often.

It's almost like Belle took me in just to make me fetch berries multiple times a week. Kid is lucky that the berries on this island regrow abnormally fast..

There are also berries being sold in the village, but Belle needs it to be freshly picked apparently. I've noticed that Belle is sort of.. a perfectionist, in a way.

"Ugh.." I grumbled, bored of walking for hours straight in the rain. I couldn't just return home with nothing or else Kid will be sad, and Belle refuses to get the store bought berries, so..

At this point, someone else running into me again would be better than this. It hurts like hell, but I'm used to it, which isn't normal.

Nothing can beat that one time I tumbled down a hill with Ace.. ouch.

Then the smell hit me.

The smell of fresh berries in the distance.

"..Berries! Finally!!" I shouted out loud, running towards the origin of the smell. I've gone out to pick berries so many times, that I can smell them from a while away now.

Pushing aside one of the bushes in my way, I could see the berries, sitting in their assigned spots from mother nature.

They were dramatically glowing in the spotlight.

Finally, I walked towards the berries, taking my bag off my shoulder and opening it in order to store them inside. Please, don't mess this up. Don't send another Ace my way.

Managing to pick the berries and put them into the bag, I got up and looked around, cautious of my surroundings.

Look to the left, look to the right, any strangers being chased? No.

"Phew—" I huffed, walking away in peace, pulling the bag back up and over my shoulder.

...

And then it hit me.