𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐂𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐬: #𝟐

A/N: Katakuri is winning the vote so far from last chapter... 👀

~~~

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

ྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

"Good morning, [Name]!" Lucien waved to me, his sudden brightness nearly blinding me.

"Can you turn your iPhone brightness down some..." I pleaded, squinting my eyes. He gasped, and became more dull in light. "Thanks."

"Okay, so, I know you've been bored lately..." Lucien began thinking about what to say. "And... I have a challenge for you!"

"Oh, no..." I began to prepare for the worst. "What is it?"

"Oh, I can't reveal that yet!" He rapidly shook his head in refusal, confusing me greatly. "You need to find out for yourself! Where's the fun in me telling you?"

"You are so secretive," I crossed my arms, sitting on the dry water below me. "Not even a hint? Last time you gave me a 'challenge', Bepo turned into a camel! Law is still wondering why that happened, since it made no sense!"

"Don't worry, I've got your back this time!" Lucien reassured me, even though I didn't believe he really had my back.

"Right." I rolled my eyes, and heard the same snap of a finger Lucien did all the time.

"Have fun!" He waved me goodbye, and that's when I felt the familiar falling sensation.

My snoring dispersed, and I quickly jolted up to see my room completely dark.

The submarine was still submerged in the deep sea since there wasn't any light shining through the windows, and I could feel the gentle movement of the ocean currents moving the submarine.

Usually, by this time, Ikkaku ran into my room and forcefully woke me up, even if it meant resorting to rolling me off my mattress when I was deep in dreams.

"Weird..." I sweat-dropped, and reluctantly pulled the covers off my body, being greeted by a cold air in my room. "It's freezing...!"

Sometimes I don't even sleep with covers since the submarine can get incredibly hot at times... Bepo really hates when that happens.

I got up to change my clothes for the day and brush my teeth, but there was a certain smell mixed in with high-pitched sobbing coming from down the corridor of the Polar Tang.

The smell seemed familiar to me.

That's when I realized... Something was burning.