𝟶𝟷𝟸 | 𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚊𝚗𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

Much to my disliking, I had no choice but to accept the fact these two wouldn't leave me alone. I tried to tell them there was no point since I wasn't going anywhere, but they showed no signs of caring.

"So you're telling me you have no intentions on leaving this island?!" Oden floated up beside me, kind of shouting in my ear directly.

"Yeah. I'll stay here, safe and sound!" I crossed my arms, trying to get it through their thick skulls that my 'journey' won't be that interesting.

The two of them didn't believe I would stay here the whole time, as if adventuring outside of this island was my destiny. "With those abilities? No way. Someone or something will drag you away eventually. Besides, you have so much potential!" Oden told me with a dramatic frown.

"There are others with great potential that can make up for mine, easily. Why are you so insistent on this anyway?" I asked.

Roger smiled, and did the same thing Oden did, floated up next to me. "You're special, (Name)! Ability to see the dead without a devil fruit, natural talent to take down a whole group of thieves within two seconds.. you must be gifted by the gods!" He answered my question confidently.

Uh, Lucien is a god, so that makes perfect sense actually.

"..Hm. When we get back to the cave, i'd recommend not talking to me if you're going to stick around. I don't want anyone to think i'm crazy if I accidentally respond to either of you.." I told the two before we arrived. Since they weren't going to leave me alone, I just had to warn them.

Oden and Roger nodded together, but their expressions didn't seem that trustworthy..

Next time Lucien knocks me out for his own entertainment, I need to ask him how I can see dead people. This is all so weird..

———

After a while of walking, we finally reached the cave.

Glancing over at Roger and Oden, I made sure they remembered what I said. "Remember, don't talk to me while i'm here. You can talk to each other or something, as long as i'm not included." I stated, to which they both gave me a thumbs up with their common grins.

Walking back in the cave with the two ghosts behind me, I noticed that the whole crew was awake now, and all of them got into defensive stances when they noticed me.

Law was wide awake and looked over at me, but this time Bepo was the one sleeping soundly. Law motioned to his crew to stand down, sighing.

"Bepo told me you went out to get your berries back, (Name)-ya. You were gone for a while.." He seemed suspicious of why I was gone so long, but in truth it was just because two weird ghosts distracted me.

Laughing awkwardly, I tried to make an excuse. "Well, I got lost trying to find them, and I was all over the place looking for them. Sorry it took so long, I intended for it to be a short retrieval.." I lied, sweat-dropping. Hopefully he believed it..