𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 49

The next day we were supposed to meet Tsumiki. I got up and went out of the room tiredly. "Y/n! Look who's here!" Nobara said.

I looked to see Maki and my eyes widened and I ran over and hugged her. "Hey Y/n! I missed you too" Maki said while hugging me back. I smiled.

"So what time are we going out?" Maki asked. "At 3" Megumi said. I went and sat down at the table and Nobara put some food down for me.

"Y/n!" Yuji said while smiling at me. "No" Nobara said while grabbing Yuji. "Awww! Why!?" Yuji groaned. I just shrugged and continued eating.

For some reason I felt like today wasn't going to go well. I wasn't sure why and I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to make anyone worried. After eating went to take a bath.

I stared down at the water for a moment then my eyes widened when I saw my reflection change into Tomie. 'What...' I thought. I gasped when I suddenly got pulled under water.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I opened my eyes then sat up and coughed up water. I felt someone wrap a towel around me and I looked to see Tomie. I gasped and moved away.

"Wait... you don't need to be scared... I'm you" Tomie said. I paused then just looked down. "I'm sorry I picked you" Tomie said in shame. My eyes widened.

"I thought.... I really didn't think that you would end up being so close to... it's just when I saw you... I knew you were gonna have lots of cursed energy and you were so adorable.... so I decided that you were a safe bet too..." Tomie said.

"What?" I said. "I... was looking for someone for a long time... but when you were a fetus... I thought why not you... I thought you would've been a good pick... but honestly I still don't think I chose wrong..." She said.

"You don't have to listen and I understand because you probably hate me" She said. "Hate you?" I said in confusion. "I'm the reason why you've suffered so much" Tomie said.

"I'm the reason why you're life will continue to be miserable... In my life... I've hurt so many people... I was a narcissist... Angel says it was Sukuna's fault but...it was because I realized how easily I could manipulate people" Tomie said. 

"I let him get to me and I realized that what I was doing was wrong too late... so promise me if... if Sukuna gets you, you won't become evil! I'm sorry to say this but it would be better to become an empty shell like before! No emotions..." She said.

"I...why are you asking me this now?" I asked. "Because... I know he's planning something and you do too... you can feel it right..." Tomie said. My eyes widened.

*FLASH*

I looked up through the water and heard distant yells. I gasped when someone pulled me up from the water then I coughed up water. "Y/n? Are you okay?"

I looked to see Maki. "We're you trying to drown yourself?" She asked. My eyes widened. "No! I fell asleep..." I said. "Oh okay come on Y/n" Maki said while wrapping me in a towel.

I changed and started thinking about what Tomie said. 'Like what Yuji said too... but I don't know what Sukuna's planning... and if Yuji doesn't know then there's no way I would...' I thought.

"Y/n come on" Maki asked. I nodded then followed her out if the room. "Are you okay? Why were you taking so long?" Megumi asked. "I fell asleep in the tub" I said.

"Seriously" Megumi said while ruffling my hair. "Hey!" I said while grabbing his hand. "Next time don't fall asleep. What are you trying to drown" Megumi said.

I just smiled at him and looked down. "Were you?" Megumi asked. I looked up at him to see he had a serious look on his face. "No, you don't have to worry about me" I said.