Actually living like 'humans' pt.2

Luke=picture above

Max POV

"Real smooth," Raven said crossing her arms.
"What?" I said.
"You found out she's your mate and you just treat her like shit? What kind of a man are you? Your meaner than me, and that's that I'm a demon. Demons are suppose to be mean." Luke said.
"I didn't want her to go out with that guy. " I defended.
"So you had to make her feel ugly like that. Come on." Raven said.
"Bro you need to work on your people skills." Luke said patting my shoulder. While Raven was giving me the jerk look. We walked back towards the car and I was thinking of a way to apologize. But I didn't want to break as well.
'You dumbass! How could you treat our mate like that!" My inner wolf yelled.
"How do we even know she's our mate to begin with. Just because we have known her since I was like 3 doesn't mean there's a connection." I said trying to trick my wolf. She was making me extremely jealous for hanging out with that guy. And I wanted to rip every last piece of meat left of him. I also felt like shit for what I just said to her.
"You are so dumb for the way you think." He snorted.
"I just don't see Alex as a mate just a friend."
"Or you do and just don't want to admit it. Remember you only get one mate and once you blow it....well..." He said then disappeared.