Finally

Alex's POV

I woke up to an empty bed, again.
"Max!" I screamed automatically. Max raced through the door and searched the room, then looked at me.
"What's wrong?" He asked.
"Why did you leave me?" I pouted.
"I wanted to make you breakfast, I thought I would be done before you got up." He said and sat next to me.
"Oh okay." I responded.
"Do you need anything?" He asked.
"No I'm fine. Thank you." I said and headed to the bathroom.
I peed then brushed my teeth, after that went back to the bed where Max had a tray of breakfast and orange juice.
"Sit down. You need to take it easy." He said fixing the bed.
"Thanks." I said. He wrapped his arm around my waist and handed me a plate.
I cleaned the plate up. And drank a whole liter of orange juice. Although I felt energized and myself again, I was deeply sore and felt bruises and scrapes.
"How do you feel?" He asked.
"I'm fine. I feel myself, just sore." Just then Raven and Luke walked in, max growled. Raven and Luke hesitated walking any further towards me.
"It's okay guys. Max behave please. They just want to see me." I told him.
"Alright, fine, just don't touch her or get to close to her." They ran to me then slowly sat on the bed when Max growled again.
"How are you! You look better! I see you ate all your breakfast!" Raven yelled.
Thanks. I'm fine, just sore and all."
"That's great!" Luke cheered. "Can you move your shoulder or leg?" He asked.
"Yeah? Why wouldn't I?" I asked curious.
"You got shot?" He said confused.
"Really?" I said pulling up my sleeve and pant.
"Oh well would you look at that. They look good. Who took care of my wounds?" I asked. Their eyes went to Max.
"Of course." I said and kissed him.
"So what happened when you were there?" Raven asked. Max cleared his throat as if warning them to back off.
"It's okay." I said rubbing his shoulder and entwining our hands. "Um, let's see, I remember going to this lab, Frankenstein lied to me saying he had a brother. Um, we started training on the first day which was just running, i think. Lets see, then they beat the crap out of me the next day. Then after that Sam bit....." I started but stopped once I realized what happened.
"Max! You have to mark me! Now!" I yelled.
"GET OUT!" Max yelled at Raven and Luke.
"Max hurry!" I yelled.
"Alex calm down. Don't worry. You took his venom out as soon as he bit you." He said.
"How do you know?" I asked.
"Zuri told me?" He said in a duh tone.
"Zuri?" I asked. "Oh Zuri!" I yelled once I caught on. "How were you able to talk to her if I was gone?"
"I don't know. But Phoenix and Zuri have a connection and she told me everything that happened to you." He said clenching and unclenching his fists.
"It's okay. I'm fine" I said laying down next to him.
"It's just, ugh, I can't believe I let this happen. I'm a failure as a mate."
"Hey, don't say that."
"Why? It's true." He said getting angry.
"No it's not. You took care of me didn't you?" He rolled his eyes as if that didn't make up for it. "Max, please don't get mad, you're making me sick when your mad." I begged.
"Alright." He grunted.
"No but seriously. Mark me." I said.
"I can't."
"Why not?" I whined.
"Because I could hurt you. Your DNA is no where close to mine, strength wise, you still need rest." He finished.
"Okay," I puffed. I rested my head against Max's chest until I fell into a nap.