Me and Max

Alex's POV
I went to do my normal daily routine and came back to a tray of fresh breakfast sausage, eggs and pancakes.
"This looks delicious." I said with my mouth watery.
"Happy birthday." Max said. "I made it just for you."
"Thank you." We ate our breakfast as we watched a movie called Dracula. After we ate, we of course finished the movie and let our food go down.
"All right. Get ready. And I mean like Ready Ready." Max said giving me a hint, so I took a shower, he did too after I came out, and wore the blue dress with my high heels. He came out with his hair all wet and spiky and sexy.
"You look gorgeous." He said after he wiped his face with another towel.
"Thanks you." I said with a warm tingling on my cheeks. He dressed afterwards and we headed for the car.
"You are in for a surprise." He laughed.
"Oh really?" I asked raising a brow.
"Yep."
"Well so are you." I teased even though I didn't have a surprise for him. We pulled up to a big fancy building. Huge glass doors, lighted with chandeliers, white dressed waiters.
"Reservations for Zack." He said. When we got to the table I asked who 'Zack' was.
"A fake name. I don't want them to know our names. We might be free but that doesn't mean there aren't people who don't like mutants." He explained.
"I agree."
We got our table and snacked on some creamed spinach, and boy was it delicious! Afterwards we each got a huge steak and shared a salad, both entrees were big.
"Are you guys ready for dessert?" The waitress asked.
"Yes please, we would like a slice of the red velvet cheesecake." Max answered.
"Of course." She said.
"Have you tried the red velvet?" Max asked me.
"Nope. I don't remember." I said confused.
"I mean, did one of the people you read ever ate red velvet?" He said rephrasing the question.
"Oh. Gotcha. No I don't think any of the people I read have ate Red Velvet before." I laughed.
"Alright. One slice of the Red Velvet Cheesecake." The waitress said.
"Thank you." Max and I answered.
"So Ms. Alex," he started, "I was wondering, what are your plans for the future?"
"Um, well, okay?" I started, it was an unusual question, especially from him. "I guess just lay low, not stand out, have some fun like yesterday, and maybe do something good, instead of just robbing people." I explained.
"What about this?" He said as he dug his fork on the left side of the cheesecake. He put it on his plate and started digging through it, then pulled out a ring.
"Alex, will you marry me?" He asked with my hand in his and the ring in the other.
I was shocked with happiness and I finally said "yes! Of course Max!" He smiled big and placed the ring on my finger.
"I love you Alex." He smiled looking me straight in the eyes.
"I love you too Max." We traced across the table for a kiss.
"I put the ring on the right finger right?" He asked nervous.
"Yes, you did." I answered and we started laughing.
"Ready to go home?" He asked.
"Sure." He paid the bill and we drove home with our hands entwined. We pulled up to our apartment and I noticed Raven and Luke weren't there.
"Don't worry. They left to give us some time." Max answered noticing my nervousness. I threw myself on our bed and popped off my heels.
"Thank you. I had a great time." I said with my eyes closed.
"I did too." He said and landed beside me. He turned over me and kissed me rapidly, but in a good kind of way, and undone my bun before going any further.