After the battle

Alex's POV

Seconds later we broke apart.
"I'm so glad your alive. Are you okay?" I asked him.
"Better now that your here." He said, even though he was kissing death he still manages to win me over.....again.
"I thought I would never kiss you again." He said taking me away from my thoughts.
"A guy can dream right?" I teased. "Now get up. And cover yourself." I said before making a pair of shorts from the earth. Luke and Raven were hugging and kissing each other as I helped Max get on his feet. We headed for the cabin when Max had to bring up the subject.
"So does this mean I'm off the hook?"
"I don't know....." I said and I really didnt know.
"Well I think that kiss said it all" he teased while wrapping his arms around me.
"That doesn't mean anything."
"Well then what does it?"he asked facing me towards him.
"I don't know. I'm confused about you and me and us together. I want to trust you but I don't want to get hurt again. I'm not fully sure if this is another trick."
"I know. I'm sorry. you have no idea how I feel for the way I hurt you. and I promise you it's not another trick and I won't mess up. I want you as my mate and know my limits and your boundaries."
"I accept your apology, but as far as forgivenesses, ill find a way for you to fix that. but as soon as you screw up it's lights out."i threatened.
"Are you kidding? after what you did I wouldnt dare joke around with you." he laughed. He leaned down for a kiss but i hesitated.
"not now." i said, it seems like thats all i say when it comes to him. When we got in the cabin I got a bucket of water and started healing our wounds from the battle.
"You were so awesome! I've never seen your eyes like that! how did you even do that?" Luke yelled in my ear.
"I don't know. I guess it just happened." I said, but I knew for a fact that Max triggered something in my mind for me to get out of control like that. I didn't even want to imagine life without him, and the way sparkle face was hurting him was unspeakable, but of course I wasn't going to tell Max that......yet.
"Do you think you could do it again? or is it one of those things were you have to get like really mad or face death right then and there for it to happen?" Luke asked.
"I'm not sure. I'm assuming I have to face death." I lied.
"Alright so what now?" max asked.
"What do ya mean?" Raven asked.
"I mean do we stay, party, leave?" Max said clearing the question.
"I'm down with whatever." Luke chimed.
"I think we should leave. considering Frankenstein is still out there creating only God knows what else. Lets pack and get out of the state. as far as we can. we can loosen up a bit since we took down our enemies but after a while we need to be on full alert."
'I like it when you're all strict and serious.' Max teased in my brain.
'I mean it.' I said back.
'Oke dokey captain.' We showered and pack our clothes then stole a blue extended cab f150 and drove to elsewhere. Now our new problem was fighting over the radio station. I gave up decades ago, I was more worried about Frankenstein and his new plan. We pulled up to a fancy hotel in Georgia. Of course I mean stole. we made ourselves at home by ordering pizza and wings and unpacking. then Luke asked the stupidest question.
"So Alex," he started, wiggling his eyebrows. "I see you and Max getting along huh?" I was nervous. it's not that I didn't want to admit that I liked him its just that I wasn't ready for a relationship I guess.
"Umm no comment?" I asked more than stated. Max gave a low growl. I scolded at him and said "I don't mean to be the one who holds a grudge, but YOU try getting bullied for more than 20 years and find out that bully is suppose to be your mate. Would you accept him or hate him." This time I said stern. He looked down with disappointment and everyone continued to eat their wings as if these past few minuets didn't happen.
"I got to go for a run. I lost my appetite." I said right before going out the door. I walked downstairs and ran into the little patch of forest trees the hotel had behind it.

Max POV
We sat down for our dinner, we ordered wingstop. Luke being the idiot he is, asked Alex is she accepts me. I knew it was the wrong time. I knew that she wasn't completely okay with me. I think that rejected kiss said it, VERY well.
"Um, no comment." She said and my wolf growled with out a warning and looked at her with beady eyes.
"I don't mean to be the one who holds a grudge, but you try getting bullied for more than 20 years and find out that bully is suppose to be your mate. Would you accept him or hate him." She answered. I looked down in disappointment because she was exactly right. Even though I'm a guy, if a girl did that I would be hurt too. Not as emotional as a girl but would have felt hurt.
"I got to go for a run. I lost my appetite." She said right before walking out the door. I smacked Luke at the back of his head.
"Hey!" Luke yelled and got smacked again by Raven. "Hey!" Luke repeated.
"I know I usually agree with you Luke but this time I'm with Max. You don't ask a stupid question like that knowing what they are going through. I mean we don't know specifically how they feel but we know what's going on." Raven said to Luke.
"I know. I'm sorry Max. It was a stupid question. I guess you could say I was happy an excited for y'all. Y'all have a lot of history and connection. Only y'all know each others boundaries. It won't happen again." He apologize.
"It's okay. Just now I have to make it up to her. Just when I thought we were cool again..."I mumbled and went out the door. I took a sniff of the forest and followed her scent. She wasn't far, well not with my wolf speed she wasn't. I would catch up to her in no time. I went jogging towards her and seen her looking down at the ground and walking. I stopped a little behind her and watched her continue. Then she made a rock from the earth and sat on it.