Will we ever get along

Alex POV

I sat down on a rock and looked up at the stars but was interrupted when I heard someone behind me. I immediately got in attack mode and started throwing fire at the target.
"It's just me." The figure said. I seen Max's face from the light of the fire, then made the fire disappear. I turned around back to the stars as if nothing happened.
"You know, some people should call you Lava girl, from lava girl and shark boy."
"Haha, and someone should call you Jacob from twlight," I said coldly. He had the nerve to sit down next to me on the rock. I made the rock smaller to where only I could fit on it. So instead he sat infront of me. I earthbended him to face the other way. He growled irritated and walked up to me.
"You know you don't have to always be mad. Why can't you..." But before he could finish I answered. "I don't? I think I have every right to be mad." And this time he interrupted me.
"You can be mad, just not at me, at Luke. You know damn fucking well that I didn't go bragging that you forgave me. I didn't say 'oh me and Alex are together, why don't you ask her how she feels' No! I didn't say that! I unlike you try to apologize to others. And I know my mistakes."
"You! Apologize! Apologizing is when you mean it. And the only mistake I made was getting to know you. And forgiving you. That is my worst mistake!" His eyes broke, they were pitch black showing that his wolf was getting angry, but I could still see Max in there.
"I told you I am sorry. Okay? What do you want from me? You want me to beg on one knee. Here fine." He said and kneeled down infront of me. "Alex. I. Am. Sorry." He said with his hands together and tight.
"I don't think I will be able to believe you." I said thinking it but came out as me saying it. He got up and came closer to me.
"This is the last time. I am sorry. I know whatever I said won't be enough. But I can and will make it up to you. I'm so sorry. And if this isn't convincing, just tell me, and all you will have to say is that you reject me. That you don't want to be with me. That will end the mate pull and bond. I know I'm not trust worthy anymore. So I need to stop trying. Just tell me, and I'll leave you alone, I won't bug you about not being my mate and I won't bully you. And I'll make sure Luke and Raven know not to. Just say it. Your just so confusing...."
"I'm not going to reject you." I spoke. "I can't make myself do that. Maybe it's the bond between us, the mate pull or whatever, or it might be that I too want to be with you." I ended softly. He came to sit next to me and I made the rock bigger for him.
"I keep forgiving you because I want too. I want to be with you. I want to be your mate." I said looking at him seriously into his eyes. "It wasnt Luke asking me about us its that he asked too soon. And you growling doesnt help. It just seems like you aren't committed to this mate thing. And I know I'm no wolf expert but, with or without the mate pull, I still like you." I finished.
"I like you too, a lot. And I am committed to the mate pull, I'm committed to us. I want us to work out, whether you believe it or not. It's my fault that I have to always say something stupid. I can't just deal with it alone. That's how I get to people. And I'm sorry. I know it might not be true to you, but I mean it. I mean it with all my heart. I don't want to rush you, or pressure you. I just, I'm sorry." He said and looked away.
"Max."

I'm sorry but I have to say
To be continued