What! (Max's POV)

Max's POV

We settled down in a cabin thousands of miles from where we already were. I was wondering what she was thinking about the whole kiss thing. I felt horrible and miserable too. I'm the definition of stupid. We woke up to already made breakfast by Alex and I was hoping she would forget about it
"How did she freeze y'all?" She asked.
"I don't know. She tricked us. I thought she was Raven. And she took me to the back of block busters and blew this stinging, ice, feeling breath of air and I was out." Luke blurted out.
"Why did you let her kiss you if she was imitating me?" Raven asked looking at me and she seemed a little gross out.
"She wasn't you, she was Alex to me. She tricked our minds. She pulled me to the back and I thought Alex was kissing me but she gave me a sour bitter kiss and I was out too." I said now realizing I was caught.
"Why would you think I would kiss you?" Alex asked.
"Because you are Max's mate!" Raven yelled. I was terrified.
" What do you mean?" She asked. I tried giving Raven the look to drop it but she didnt.
"A mate is someone's mate. Like soulmate! You are Max's soulmate. Every werewolf has a mate and you are Max's." She said.
"Y'all are joking. No way. What? Nu un." Alex said.
"She's right." I spoke.
"How do you even know?" She said.
"I read it in the book at that bookstore we first went to. But I knew long before that."
"Are you sure?" She questioned.
"Yep. I'm 100% sure you are my mate. You make me feel weird but in a good kind of way. I like being around you and looking at you. You put a tingling feeling in me and I don't know why. But my inner wolf told me what it meant and I knew it was you. And that kiss we just had was wonderful. I mean, it proves to me that you are my mate" I explained the truth.
"But you told me your girlfriend's name was Lucy. Why isn't she your mate?"
"Lucy? Who's Lucy?" Luke and Raven asked confused.
"Lucy doesn't exist. I don't know Lucy. I was really talking about you. And I regret the way I treated you. I will always regret it until the day I die. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry Alex." But in return all I got was her laughing.
"Why are you laughing? We aren't playing." Luke said serious.
"I'm laughing because if I was supposedly his mate and he KNEW I was his mate then why I earth would he treat me like shit my entire life. If I, according to you, make you feel so good just by looking at me, then why the fuck do you act the way you do! Gee some romantic boyfriend you are. You know your a piece of shit!" Just that alone hurt me that it was impossible to explain it. "I hope you regret everything you said to me. And I'll make sure you feel the way I felt. The pain I went through. I had no idea why you said what you said to me. Now you bring up this mate stuff? Bullshit! It's all bullshit. You expect me to throw away 20 years of misery out the window because 'oh your my mate Alex, I just treated you like shit for no reason at all and now I'm finally realizing it' and I'm just suppose to say 'oh yes Max, I want be your mate. I will always love you and completely forget 20 years of fucking hell I put up with you' I think not!" Every word was a stab to me.
'You screwed up bad man. It's impossible to fix now' my inner wolf said.
"now, I don't want to hear anymore of this mate bullshit. Not right now. I have other things to be worrying about than you." She finished, and changed her mood to a more serious mood. After that we came up with a plan to defeat Frankenstein, by training for a fight, and throughout the training she would say anything she could that would hurt me. I was starting to feel how she must have felt when I said those things to her. But from experience I knew it was only the beginning.