Chapter 12 - Preston

Trigger Warning

I didn't miss the glares that I was getting from the Browns. I don't give a fuck. They all fumbled, it's only right that I recover. Today has been very amusing if nothing else. I did not know what to think was going on when my mama walked through those doors. At first, I thought the fucking mafia had set us up.

When my queen came through the doors, I bricked up something fierce. Seeing her in that fucking purple and gold jump suit was everything for me. That shit looked like it was painted on her body. I knew her ex wanted to beat his own ass. Watching her in her element always turned me on.

Now that she knows what I'm into, maybe we can actually speed things up. I didn't want to hurt her by being unfaithful, but I also didn't want to drag her into this world. She's deeper than I have ever been, so it's a perfect fit.

"Where did you mind travel?"

It's like the voice of an angel.

"Sorry beautiful, I was just thinking about you coming into that room earlier. You have no idea of all of the things I wanted to do to you."

"I'm sure I could imagine, Preston."

"Beautiful, I promise that you haven't begun to imagine the level of pleasure I could provide for you. I know it's going to happen eventually though."

"You are being too cocky, sir."

"Shiiid, did you not see how all of those niggas damn near fell out of their chairs when you walked in?"

Duke and Rashad laugh at the comment also. Then Duke speaks.

"Seriously Kehlani, do you not notice the effect you have on men and women? You are a damn force to be reckoned with. You can make grown ass men drop to their knees and beg just to lick the bottom of your feet."

She laughs and hits Duke on his shoulder.

"There is no way, and even if they did, that is so nasty. I would never. Besides, who's to say that just because they like what's on the outside, they would like everything else?"

"'Have you met the nigga sitting beside you? Trust me he is very much in love with all things Kehlani. Even your dirty drawers, girl."

Rashad laughs like he didn't just compliment and diss me all at the same time. There was an emotion that flashed across her face but she instantly refocused.

"Don't worry about them, beautiful. They don't have a clue about what they are saying. It ain't shit about all things Kehlani, I love Kehlani as a whole."

She looks at me like I made a mistake with my words and just stares at me for a while.

"Are you serious or are you joking?"

I give Shad and Duke a look for them to leave the table. They get up and my other guys on the table next to us leave as well.

"I meant every word. I'm in love with you, Kehlani. Just because I can't commit to you at the moment, does not make it less true. I told you, you are my forever."

She blushes and then clears her throat.

"I don't think this is the time or place to have this conversation, Pres. However, I would like to continue it."

"'How about dinner? You can come over to my place and I'll cook for you."

"Is Jream going to be there?"

"No he is not. He's with his mother for the next two weeks. I wasn't sure what I would be up against today."

I know she wouldn't have come if he was there. She does not want him to think she's getting in the way of my relationship with him.