Chapter 36 - Layla

Trigger Warning

Saturday, July 5th

My dad woke me up saying there was an urgent matter that we needed to attend. I got up but I was not happy. I want to kill everyone around me. Aunt Leia and Grandmother are coming also, so this must be really important. Heads will roll if it is not.

When we arrived, Preston was outside talking to his mom with a frown on his face. I'm not sure what's going on with them, but Ms. Diamond is pissed too. He's even more handsome when he is mad. Damn.

"Stop drooling, Princess."

"Grandmother, I wasn't drooling."

She laughs along with Aunt Leia. We rode in the same car.

"I sure would be. That man is fine. God took his time molding that king. If I was just ten years younger, I'd have him eating out the palm of my hand while the other is gripping that damn man bun."

I take another look at him, and he still has his hair braided with a bun. It looks like he just got a fresh cut. I've only seen him with his hair down maybe twice. Just makes him even more yummy.

"Mother, Father was the only man you have ever been with, what would you know about that?"

She rolls her eyes then gives us a devious smirk.

"Your Father was a man whore. I decided one day that I would stop crying over his little trysts and find out what all the hype was about. Let's just say he had extra motivation to keep me on my back and with a round belly."

"Grandmother, you cheated on him?"

"What? Little girl, I have never cheated anyone a day in my life. I gave your grandfather a reality check."

We all laugh and get out of the car when Gio opens the door. As we are walking inside, Aunt Leia whispers in my ear.

"If you are still experiencing pain, I think I have found something that could help."

Yes, my Aunt knows about my condition. I couldn't go to my guys and fill them in on the issue. I told Grandmother first, but the things she advised me to do were out of this world. Definitely out of my comfort zone.

"I don't think that I am ready for that yet."

"Kehlani, we will not judge you if you had sex before marriage. We all have, so it wouldn't be the end of the world. You have made us so proud, there is not much you would be able to do to make us think less of you. You deserve to experience raw passion as much as anyone else."

I look at her with my mouth open. All the women in my family have been loose and I didn't know. Well, I knew about Kai and Lela. Kai has been having sex since she was maybe fourteen.

"I know it's not a bad thing, and I know you guys wouldn't look at me differently. However, I am not sure about everyone else."

"Listen to me. Kenneth has moved on with his life. He never appreciated your virtue even when you were married. You have to release yourself from the invisible hold that he has on you. He should not have this much control over your life anymore. I know that you see him as your soulmate, but it has to come from both sides in order for it to be true.

I see how Preston caters to you. You deserve that and so much more. Let that man spoil you and give you the love that you crave. The only people's opinions that matter are all rooting from him."

She was interrupted by Grandmother.

"We are all rooting for him to hurry up and bend you like a pretzel. You damn sure need it."