Chapter 37 - Link

When Layla passed out, the Allen family went crazy. They started shouting orders to their guards to make preparations to find this guy. I don't know who he is or what he did, but he fucked up.

Her grandmother had Preston to carry her to a room that she previously had prepared for her. She has all of the ladies to join them. Tasha is starting to get spooked, but she's still not aware of what we know. What should have been a night of closure, just turned into a night of chaos.

"Carlos, Pierre, we have cleared your people and there are no threats to any of your establishments. You are both free to go. Thank you for standing with my daughter and trusting in her abilities."

Kino tries to dismiss them but they aren't having it.

"Kehlani es una reina. Estaré con ella siempre. Including this very moment. Especially if someone has done something to hurt her in any way." (Kehlani is a queen. I will stand with her, always.)

"She saved my life without having any ties to me. She spared my brother's life because she saw the real person behind the drug haze. She didn't have to do any of that, and I am grateful and forever indebted to her. Me and my guys are ready to stand in where we are needed."

By the time they both finish pledging their allegiance to Lay, Preston walks back into the room. He looks like Lucifer, himself. I've always been cautious of this nigga, but I see now I should have feared this nigga.

"Kehlani needs to rest, but when she wakes up, she's gon' want to hit the ground running. The first thing she's gon' want to handle is that nigga who hurt Aria. And the bitch who birthed her."

I can see June clench his jaw and fists. He is probably feeling some type of way about this nigga knowing Lay better than he ever did.

"I am fond of the evil child so let me take care of that. Get me all of the details and it's off her list."

"They need to be alive but whatever else you choose to do, is acceptable. Kehlani wanted to present them as a birthday present to Aria tomorrow. She said it is part of her healing."

"In that case, I'll handle it personally. I'll see you all tomorrow. I know that my mother is going to stay here until she knows that Kehlani is okay. You can go to her if you need anything before I return. You won't be able to reach me."

Kino stands and holds out his hand for Carlos to shake.

"Thank you. Your mother is safe in our care."

He starts with that stupid ass laugh.

"I'm not worried about my mother's safety. Does she look like someone who needs protection? The woman even scares the shit out of me. Put all your focus into your daughter. I'm not sure what caused that reaction, but I know she's going to need her father. She is a daddy's girl."

Kino nods his head and Carlos and all of his men except four leave. He's right about his mother. I still can't eat red meat without getting nauseous. All I can picture is Bianca and how she was fileting her ass.

"Prentiss, did you find Becs?"

I guess Preston is all about business right now. I guess the old heads were right. We could learn a lot from them, because all I want to do is find my lady and make sure she is okay. I would have put all of this on hold.

"Yeah, she agreed to meet with us. All we have to know is let her know when and where. It's already morning, so maybe we can set it up for Monday?"

I just realized that it is close to sunrise.

"Care to fill the rest of us in?"

Prentiss: Tell your boy to calm his ass down, my brother is not the James that you all know right now.