Chapter 78 - Dr. Jeff

"I can't believe that I allowed you two to convince me to do this."

My wife and her best friend have me going to this family's home to induce labor on a woman I don't even know. Not only that, they revealed she was part of the group planning to hurt someone dear to me.

"Old man chill out. You have done this a million times, you can do this with your eyes closed."

"You may be right but it does not change the fact that I would rather not be part of this."

"You can always go back home. I know how to deliver a baby and I'm sure Dennis won't leave me hanging."

Diamond exactly what to say to get her way. She knows that I will never allow my boys to get caught up in some bullshit like this.

"Let's get this shit over with. How long ago did they apply the gel?"

"Oh my, Jeffrey! Are you feeling okay? Seriously, if you are uncomfortable I can get someone else."

I look over at her and I can see real concern.

"It's okay, Di. I don't want you doing this alone. I'm just not particularly okay with the circumstances. I'll be fine."

"Jeff, I love her just as much as you do. Diamond does too. In order to get our girl back, we have to get all of these people out of her life."

Sarah reaches over and grabs my hand, and I kiss the back of hers while agreeing with her.

"I had Maya to start applying the gel this morning. It was a slow start, so I had her give a dose of pitocin. Last check, she was doing well and her water had broken."

The car pulls up to a gate, the guards let us through and we drive down a fairly long driveway.

"It's almost like deja vu."

"Quite similar, Love. Do they know our relation to you Di?"

"I don't think they do. Well Link does but he's not here."

We stepped out of the car and gathered our stuff. Even though everything is already on Diamond's coach, I brought my own equipment just in case. As much as I paid for it, it goes regardless.

"Jeff, look at this beautiful piece of machinery. I'm so proud of you Diamond!"

They start hugging and squealing like they're still twenty-two.

"We are professionals, ladies."

After they finished chewing me out, we stepped onto the coach and I could hear the young woman's cries from the door.

"Was she offered an epidural?"

"Jeff, this unit is set up for natural births.

I don't care what she did. If she wants an epidural, she's getting one. I'm not about to torture her.

"Nurse, let's get set up."

She gets straight to work. We get washed and set. I make my way over to the mother to be. There's two men in the room and Shirley. I have known her and Rich from back in the day. We reconnected at the hospital after the attack.

"How's everyone doing today?"

The guys respond with head nods and Shirley gives us a small smile and an 'okay'.

"Maya, can you give us an update? Then you can leave."

She informed us that mom has been in labor for a little over eight hours and was given a round of pitocin approximately two hours ago. She's dilated to eight centimeters and both baby and mother are doing well.