Chapter 25 - Kenneth

Rella buried her face in my back the entire time Ms. Estella sliced through Bianca's skin. That woman is crazier than her son. Bianca finally admitted that she didn't know who the guy was but he was an older man and part of Keisha's family. That didn't help us at all, we already knew that.

Part of our instructions was to bring in Keisha's brother, Mitch. I guess he will be making an appearance at some point. Pops refused to let me see him after our guys scooped him up. He didn't want me to do anything that would piss Lay off.

It's weird watching Lay command everyone. That's not the sweet, innocent, driven, young woman I know. I don't know how it happened, but Rella fell in love with her. Now she believes that we can all be one big happy family.

Knowing that Layla can't be penetrated without pain, made me think that it could probably work. I love her, but I'm not in love with her and don't ever see myself being intimate with her again out of respect for our son. It would only be for sexual gratification and honestly, I don't have the patience.

I miss her friendship, I know Rella does, and the kids are still upset because she pulled back from them. She communicates here and there, but she's still distant. If I could convince her, then it would make my family happy. I just don't know how happy she would be once she realizes that I'm not going to be intimate with her other than having Rella involved. Fuck.my.life.

"Man, we thought all these years that Lay was some sweet innocent princess. She hasn't even done anything and I can tell that she is dangerous. That apple didn't fall from the tree, but she did a good job of hiding in the shade."

We all laugh at Chance, but Kai adds her two cents and has all of us reconsidering past choices. Especially me.

"See, that's the problem. You all know Layla, you never met Kehlani. The real Kehlani. My uncles don't know shit about their princess. She's Lady Diablo and you guys are raising her junior."

She falls out laughing after taking in our expressions and walks away from our table. We had to leave the conference room so that it could be cleaned. So we took a lunch break, even though I can't eat shit.

"She's fucking with us, right?"

Marcus has never been one to walk away from a fight or a shootout, but this nigga looks like he is ready to run away because of a five foot tall angel. We all look for Ricky to answer the question.

"Hell no. The men in their family are some crazy ass niggas. These women, oh that's some next generation type of crazy. I went to their family dinner, Friday night. The twins were turned the fuck up on their weird ass brother. As soon as their mama walked in, all three of them took their seats and only spoke when spoken to."

When I first met her, she told me to just call her Grandmother. I'm still not sure what her name is and that scares me.

"I always told you, you better be careful of Tinkerbell. I guess you can see why now."

"Grandpa, this fool thinks he can convince Lay to join his family and they can have a throuple."

They all laugh loud and have people looking our way. Ricky talks too damn much.

"RellaBella, you have to stop putting stupid ideas in my son's head. I understand you have a certain.... appetite, but y'all need to find another candidate."

"Pops, how do you know it wasn't my idea?"

"Yo' mama said she wasn't on that shit, but her whole damn family just about is. I really have my doubts, she had to be on something. You didn't get this dumb just because nigga, and you damn sho' didn't get it from me."