Chapter 62 - Preston

Mature Content

Friday, July 11th

These past few days have been very stressful and feel like I'm about to crash and burn. Between work and dealing with the side shit, a nigga don't have time.

"Mr. James, did you sign all of the release forms for the team to get started on the decor?"

Everything is finally coming together with DJ - Miami. The interior decorator is ready to bring life to my vision. That's basically all that's left to do. The staff is already there training.

"Yeah. Here it is. I forgot to let you know I was finished with it, Kelsey. Make sure she gets it asap."

"It may not be any of my business, but you may need to spend a little time with a certain person, outside of these walls. You need to get laid. The only time you start forgetting things is when you are backed up."

Kelsey is cool as shit and I don't mind her being in my personal business as long as she respects my boundaries. I don't trust anybody else over my shit but her. She's a rider. Benji is finishing up his degree.

Right now he's her assistant, once he gets his papers, he'll be working on her side. They make a great team, both loyal. He has an eye for detail, she has the aggression. Together, they make shit happen.

"You are always right, Kelsey. I need to make it happen and it's none of your business. Even if I could use a release."

She laughs and goes to her office. Fuck it, I go ahead and shoot Sharhonda a text letting her know that I'm gon' come through.

I looked at the time and decided to go ahead and call my queen to let her know my play. She doesn't want to be blindsided and I don't want her to feel like I'm keeping secrets and shit. It is what it is.

Her phone goes straight to voicemail, so I decide to call her office. Sometimes, she forgets to turn her phone back on after meetings.

"Allen Consulting and Management, how may I assist you today?"

"Hey Lily. Is Kehlani available?"

"How are you, Mr. James? She's currently in a meeting. I was actually about to give you a ring. This meeting is already over two hours. She wanted me to let you know that she won't be able to make it to lunch."

Damn. I was looking forward to a break and spending some time with her. She has been just as busy.

"That's cool, Lily. Can you transfer me to her voicemail? I know she will listen to her messages in the office before her cell."

"You are right about that. I'll be glad to transfer you, have a wonderful day, Mr. James."

Kehlani's team is always polite and professional. Kelsey has the tendency to turn the fuck up.

"I was looking forward to our lunch date, Beautiful. However, I would love to have a dinner date instead. Put your heels on and let your hair down for the night. I had plans to let off some steam later, but I'm going to move the time up for lunch. I can't wait to see you tonight, I love you."

I hang up and send Sha another message to go ahead and pull up on me. As I am doing that, Rashad walks into my office like he owns the joint.

"You don't know how to knock?"

"You ain't doing shit. I'm gon' run to the house. Shunda needs a break from Shiloh and he needs a break from her."

I can't help but laugh at his ass. Shiloh is a two year old terror. His daughter, Rashida is laid back like her daddy, until you get her stirred up. They are expecting another girl.