Chapter 76 - Omniscient

Trigger Warning

Saturday, July 19th

After the talk on the beach, everybody decided to go out on the yacht, Friday.

When Rome made it back to Aria's house, he had a very long talk with June and filled him in on just how stupid he really was. They both agreed that he needed to sit down and have a real conversation with Lay. A hell of a lot sooner than later.

Kehlani and Preston were able to go out on a mini date before boarding the yacht. They were so wrapped up in enjoying each other's time that the conversation they had with Rome, didn't even register in their minds. She didn't even think about Roman or the two overprotective fathers lurking around.

Once everyone got on board, they realized just how much money Kino really had. It wasn't just a yacht, it was a super yacht. Damn near a cruise ship. The guys raced the boats that brought them to the yacht. Of course bets were made and continued throughout the night. Nya, Asia and LeeLee were even collecting money.

There were fifty staterooms and the crew quarters. Three pools on two different levels, two had attached hot tubs. One had a water slide. There was a theater, formal dining room for up to a hundred guests, a basketball court, and driving range amongst many other amenities.

Friday night, they were able to set up the tents, make smores, and tell scary stories. The older generation had their dinner party and decided to play poker.

Everyone was still enjoying themselves, being lazy getting up on the beautiful Saturday morning out at sea. No one had a worry in the world. The children became good friends in a matter of minutes. Not realizing that at some point, their parents were enemies.

Carlos had his wife and children with him and he couldn't have been happier. He pulled Kehlani and Preston to the side to ask for a favor. Most of the guys realized that they were dealing with a power couple, so that would address them as a team now.

"Kehlani, I have to thank you again for inviting my family."

"I can't take the credit. It was Grandmother who made all of this happen, but your family is always welcomed here."

"I appreciate that. I need to ask something of you. Whatever you say, I will honor."

"What is it, Miguel?"

"Do you remember Mateo? He was one of my guards when I first met you."

"Yes, I remember him well. He was very protective and wanted to kill Reginald when he brought me into the room."

Kehlani laughs at the memory.

"His family was killed due to something my father did. However, he has remained loyal to me."

Preston found it amusing watching Carlos fumble with his words and fingers.

"Carino, what are your plans for the sisters?"

"I'm glad that you asked, Miguel. You will find out after the kids are asleep. I left it up to Grammy. I've had enough tactical planning for one week. She and Aria are going to handle it."

"Can I make an offer for Alonna?"

"Excuse me?"

"Mateo likes her. I even think she's a nice person. That's saying a lot. Mateo has never even entertained the thought of another woman since his wife died. That was over ten years ago. He's like a father to me. I had to ask.

I will send them back to Mexico as soon as we get back to land. You will never see or hear from her again. I can assure you of that."

"Miguel, Alonna is truly another Monica. She's not a monster, just wasted her life following behind her sister. She grew up in a house of bullies. Even Maize used to take shots at her about her weight.