Chapter 44 - Kenneth

Trigger Warning

Graphic Content

Carlos and Preston may be in control of what happens at this moment, but I'm going to be by my sister's side. I'm not gon' lie, I am a little jealous of the fact that Preston is going to be a hero in her eyes. The fact that he keeps most of his attention on Lay does not help. I'm happy for her, but it hurts like hell knowing it's that mothafucka next to her.

I walk up next to Aria, she has completely froze in place. Tiff comes up on the other side and Denise and my Pops are close by.

"I'm right here with you and you are surrounded by people who love you. We will always protect you. Go ahead and unwrap your present, Ari."

She looks up at me and grabs my hand. I can feel hers shaking. We start taking steps towards Carlos and she pulls the sheet off and reveals that sick mothafucka, Alec. She quickly steps back, but I hold her in place.

"Calm down, breathe. He can't hurt you anymore. Don't let him take his last breath believing he still has control over you."

My Pops walks up on the other side as Tiff steps back. I guess she needs to control herself because I know she ain't scared to handle this nigga.

"You can do this, Pumpkin. It ain't a mothafucka alive that's gon' continue to take away your confidence, security or your happiness."

She motions for Carlos to untie the scarf from around his eyes. As soon as he gains focus, he notices her and checks her out. The grimy mothafucka even had the audacity to lick his lips. My Pops two-pieced his ass real quick.

"Respect my daughter, mothafucka."

"Thanks, Pops."

She looks at him and stares him down. There's no fear in her eyes. She has control.

"Why? Why did you hurt me? You were once my favorite uncle. I remember when you were my protector."

The nigga is still trying to shake off them licks, but he answers.

"Y-you was the only connection that I had left to my brothers. You were their heart. My heart. I'm sick, Arieona. Ever since I was a kid, I have always desired young girls. I didn't mean to hurt you, but you gave me everything I needed. I felt close to my brothers when I was getting the best pleasure of my life. I love you, no matter how it seems, I love you."

"I don't want or need the type of love you gave me! I was six, I had just watched my daddy die. You didn't even give me time to grieve before you started violating me."

Tears are pouring down her face. I squeeze her hand to let her know that I'm still right here with her.

"Then you sent me to that hotel so that bitch could pimp me out? What kind of love is that?"

"What? Who pimped you out?"

The nigga is actually shocked and I can see the anger in his eyes.

"No one because I ran away. Your cousin took money from some guys and told them they could do whatever they wanted with me."

"I would have never done that! Shamera said that you just disappeared. I thought your mom must have found out I gave you money. I thought you ran away from her. I would have killed that bitch had I known!"

"Really! Then why did you let Cinnamon beat my ass when she caught you raping me? You were hurting me, you were in the wrong, not me!"

She's breathing hard and yelling now. I know this is hard for her and I pull her close to me.