Chapter 46 - Denise

Trigger Warning

Graphic Content

When Aria and I walked back into the room, I noticed that my husband and the older generation of the Browns had not returned.

"Where's Pops? He's not going to leave me, right?"

"No sweetie. Your dad must be somewhere with your uncle and Grandpa. Either way, I'm right here with you."

She's a true daddy's girl. It's not much that Rome can do without her trying to be right under him. The only thing we really connect with is hacking.

She wraps her arms around me and starts kissing all over my face.

"Aria, stop it. You are so silly at times."

"I just want you to know that I love you , Mommy."

"I love you more, Pumpkin."

"And I love you both the most, where is my love at?"

I feel Rome wrap his arms around me and Aria from behind. He smells so damn good, but right now is not the time. Tiff is trying to pass by, and he grabs her as well.

"Where are you going, Peach? Don't you see me lovin on my girls? That includes you."

"Pops, I am too old for all of this."

"Girl, you ain't too old until I say you are. Just because you let Ace impregnate you, does not mean you are grown."

We laugh and he hugs and kisses the girls again before he lets them go.

"I'll give you the rest of your kisses later tonight. I'm going to hang back after this is over, you may need to as well. Mama is going to make sure Ari is straight."

I look him in his eyes and I can tell he's hiding something.

"I'm wherever you are. I want all of the details after this. Let's deal with this bitch."

He grabs my hand and kisses the back of it a few times before we start to walk over to Aria. Roman and Tiffany are still at her side and I can't be any more proud of my family. Roman is giving Aria a pep talk.

"She can't hurt you. You are my sister, no matter who birthed you. I love you."

"I know. I love you too, big head."

Roman pulls her into a big hug. This is all I have ever wanted. A loving husband, kids, and a huge family. Some people are blessed to bring new life into this world, and they don't appreciate and cherish it. Like this bitch.

Her ass has been gagged and blindfolded the entire time but she has been able to hear everything. Even though Alec didn't scream out, those grunts and whimpers that left his body were enough. If not, all of the comments from the guys should have been enough to have her on pins and needles.

"Ari, this is the last part of your journey to freedom. I hope this brings you closure."

I look at Kehlani and I know she wishes that she has her own closure too. I pray that she does really soon.

"Thank you, Kehlani. I already feel so much better. I don't think I'm going to be afraid to go out and do stuff like other kids now. When I first came here today, I thought you guys were going to shut me out because of what happened."

She takes a deep breath and I glance across the room to keep my tears at bay. My baby thought we would look at her differently. That would never happen.

"I didn't know that this was happening. You helped me see that I'm worthy to have a family, a real family that loves me and will always have my back. I love all of y'all."