Chapter 41 - Jerome

Trigger Warning

Graphic Content

I know this mothfucka has lost his damn mind.

"Shirley, I'm gon' beat his ass."

"Leave my baby alone, Rich. I'll beat yo' ass. Something is wrong. Come on y'all let's go see what's going on."

"I'll stay here until you guys come back. I don't feel like walking."

I should snap her fucking neck, but the baby wouldn't survive. No one here could do a c-section and dead women can't give birth. Oh wait, Milan is here today. If Brody and Kay were here, then I'd have a full team. They are both at the hospital.

"Get yo' ass up. They just said something is wrong. You can't stay here by yourself."

Clearly Angel knows something. Which means that the other two do as well. That's good. Now my Queen might not have to get her hands dirty.

We walked into the extra large family room that she insisted that she needed. Ricky's ass is pacing the floor and Kai is sitting off to the side. Damn. Trouble in paradise already.

"Mothafucka, I almost popped yo' ass, why are you yelling?"

Tony looks at him then bows out because he is definitely on demon time. Ricky takes after me more than any of the others when it comes to our tempers.

"Calm down, Ricky. What's wrong?"

"Nana."

Hearing him call out to his grandmother like he is hurt, has both of us moving in his direction. That girl better not have hurt my boy. We rush to him and I inspect him all over. Shirley just starts to baby his overgrown ass.

"What happened, baby? Tell me what's wrong."

A tear falls out of his eye as he looks at his grandmother. I look over to Kai and she is crying too.

"Bitch, if you did something to my son, I will kill you!"

"Fannie, watch how you speak to my wife. Baby, come here."

Fannie knows to shut the hell up. He does not respect her as much as he did since she always had Rick beating his ass trying to protect her. He took those beatings with pride at first, then he realized that his mama was just a hoe and deserved the ass whoopings.

Kai doesn't move so he goes over and kneels down in front of her.

"Everyone in this room will stand with you no matter what. Just like they will stand with Lay. You are safe here. I love you, I won't let anything happen to you. You know that, right?"

I have never seen Ricky be so sensitive towards anyone since he was preteen. Kai nods her head and falls into his arms crying. He scoops her up and places her in his lap, taking a seat.

"The reason Lay passed out was because hearing that mothafucka's name unlocked some memories from her childhood."

"Please don't say it, Ricky. You are joking right? You can't be saying that."

Denise is crying and looks like she's about to fall out.

"I wish I was, Auntie. That man, Aleki, sexually assaulted Lay from the age of four up until he attempted to rape her at the age of eight."

Kai starts crying out and he holds her tighter, trying to calm her down. He rubs his hands up her back.

"Calm down, baby. It's okay. Maize sent Lay to stay with Chelsea for a few days and he lost his easy target."