Chapter 28 - Jerome

Trigger Warning

Graphic Content

I watch as Tinkerbell goes over to the tiger cage and locks herself in. Some guards sit Monica in a chair, in front of the cage.

"This is Rajah."

The tiger licks her hand and makes a purring noise. I can hear my grandsons whispering to each other.

"I thought Lay was afraid of animals?"

"She ran from Peaches all the time."

"Maybe she just likes pussies."

"That's a full grown mothafuckin' pussy."

I want to punch them all in the throat. I turn around.

"Shut the hell up."

I turn back around and she starts to talk to Monica as she plays with the tiger.

"I'm the only person besides my guys that can enter this cage without being attacked. Did you know that tigers use their hearing to hunt down their prey, instead of their sense of smell? Stand, Rajah."

She whispered it so low, we almost didn't hear her. This mothafucka did though. He grabs on to her shoulder and gets on his hind legs. He has to be at least nine feet tall.

"Good boy! Down. Shall we take a walk?"

He turns in a circle, then faces the door.

"You have to be a good boy, no snacks before dinner, okay?"

He does something with his head.

"Did that mothfucka just nod his head?"

As Rick asks the question, she opens the cage and walks out with Rajah behind her. She walks as close as possible to Monica but does not stop, and asks the guards to turn her around.

"Pay attention, Monica. You can't move, but I know your mind is very aware. Remember, Rajah can hear your heartbeat, so make sure you remain calm. He doesn't obey every command."

This is not my little Tinkerbell. She walks over to James first. He is smiling big but his guys are trying to move back. My lovely wife snickers and looks behind us. I follow her gaze and my crew is silent.

"Really, Rashad? Duke? You can't be afraid, he's a baby."

"I'm good Kehlani."

Rashad moves to the next row and she laughs. She pets the tiger before introducing him to James.

"Rajah, meet Preston. My friend. Why don't you shake his hand?"

The tiger lifts his paw and James shakes it. Diamond is smiling but does not make a move. Kehlani moves to Pierre's side and he shakes his head no. I want to laugh but I notice her coming my way and my grands start their bullshit.

"Lay, listen. I know we weren't that close, but we were cool. If you are trying to choose between me and my brother to kill, take him. I'm too young, I have a kid on the way."

"Fuck you, Chance. Shit, Marcus is a fucking loner. No one will miss him."

"Tony you are a fucking lame. Lay, Martell was eating the enemy's pussy, he's a good choice."

"Yep, I agree."

"You are my brother, Ricky!"

"Nigga, didn't you hear what the fuck Chance said? If one of us has to go, then it's you."

"Kill June!!!"

They all yell at the same time, and before June can say anything the tiger does a low growl. I guess he feels the same headache that I do.