Chapter 80 - Layla

Mature Content

I can't believe that he's married. Why so soon? I thought that I would have had time to sit down and talk to him and get everything resolved with us first.

I shouldn't even care, but it fucking hurts. This must be one of those setbacks that Chastity was referring to. Maybe I should meet with her.

I just don't understand what's so special about Rella. He never married Keisha. He proposed a few times but if he was serious about marrying her, he would have never started a relationship with me. There has to be more to it.

"Beautiful, if you keep obsessing about it, you're just going to get angry then make yourself miserable and sick."

"I'm sorry, I just don't understand why it had to be so soon. Shouldn't we have resolved things between us first?"

"You may have unresolved business but he closed that chapter of his life. The only thing that's open for him is how things went down with your son."

I just stared at him for a moment, taking in what he said.

"I don't want to hurt your feelings but you're holding on to a relationship that never existed."

It never existed for him. It was very real to me.

"What's really holding you back? Why are you really upset? That man has been living with that woman, damn near the last three years. They have a kid and she's expecting. Marriage had to be his next step."

"I hate that it's her."

"What do you mean?"

"Why did it have to be someone he was with during our marriage? Someone that befriended me and I helped with her career."

I hate feeling like a bitter ex but what else am I supposed to feel?

"You blame her for destroying your marriage?"

"No. That was Keisha."

"What if it wasn't?"

I looked at him confused. It was Keisha.

"Beautiful, listen. Look at the facts sitting right in front of you. You are too damn smart to be dumb. Stop trying to make this nigga more than what he was. A fucking lame ass nigga who played the field.

I'll agree that he is making some changes, I have witnessed the growth myself. However, game recognize game. She may be older but homie groomed her to be the perfect mistress. It's not different from your dad and his lady."

"What do you mean?"

He chuckles and sits back on the bed and pulls me close so that I'm on his chest.

"Your spider senses keep going off for this one woman. I've seen the others and they're all bad as fuck. He has a type."

They definitely fit in with the headliners at a Houston strip club. All of those girls are thick, thick.

"You have said it a few times, you wouldn't care if it was Keisha. You just don't give a fuck about that one that Shauntie was fucking on. So stop trying to figure out what you will never know. No matter what he says, you won't ever believe it.

Start asking yourself what you know. The thought of him being with this one chick is bothering the fuck out of you, why? Why can she get a rise out of you and none of the others can?"

"Because I feel more betrayal coming from her and the others."

"Why?"

"I don't know."