Chapter 38 - Keli

Trigger Warning

My brother is going to Maize's grave. I'm hoping he does not dig her ass up to kill her. He needs to let off some steam before he can come back and start using that big ass brain of his. Right now he's a danger to all of us.

"We have an issue."

We all turn to Martell. I didn't think the kid talked unless he was spoken to.

"If Tasha goes back home with me, she will be dead within an hour. Honestly, I wouldn't care about the baby because I'm not sure if it is mine now. I've been thinking about it and the times just don't add up. I never even cared before because I would have never thought she was fucking around."

This is the very first time I have seen him act like a Brown.

"We can get a paternity test done and have the results within a few hours. If that's my grandchild, she's not to be touched until she is born."

Rick is more like his father than he put on.

"How do you suggest that we deal with her then, Pops? If I ask for a test, she's going to know that she's caught."

"It doesn't matter what the bitch knows right now. She can't do shit but wonder what the fuck is going to happen to her."

I interrupt their conversation.

"How far along is she?"

Martell answers.

"She's thirty-five weeks. Thirty-six in a few days."

"I'm not trying to over step, but thirty-eight weeks is damn good to deliver a healthy child. If she hasn't had any complaints or issues, maybe take a page from Keisha's book. I don't think Dr. Jeff would assist, but maybe one of his sons would."

"I think that if you explained the situation and how it affected Kehlani, they all would be willing to help. They just wouldn't do it at their business, it would have to be a home delivery. Honestly, my mother could even assist. Remember she's a midwife. Has a mobile unit and everything."

I'm surprised that Preston spoke up. No one here knows that Jeff is his uncle. Rome says something this time.

"Let's get the results first. Even if it's not your child, the baby will be family. We always take care of our family. The child has nothing to do with the bullshit their mother did. As far as how to handle the situation, leave it to Mama."

Jerome laughs and agrees with Rome.

"You are right son. She's the perfect person for the job. Right now, I'm worried about Tinkerbell. I'm tired of all the bullshit surrounding her. That's going to be our focus. We are going to make preparations and we will be waiting on your call Keli.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do for her in the meantime."

"I appreciate that Jerome. There is one thing I want to address."

I look directly at Little Rome.

"You let her go and claim to have found your one. I have always been on your side because of my own situation. Whatever that aggression is that you have towards James, needs to be dealt with.

Rome is family. We still consider you as family even after all of the bullshit. However, if you haven't realized, that man ..."

I point in Preston's direction.

"... loves Kehlani the way you should have loved her. He is going to be around, so if you want to be there in some capacity, you need to take heed to my words. You have a beautiful family, I saw the ring on Rella's finger when she came in tonight.