Chapter 52 - Layla

Trigger Warning

I let everyone know that it was going to be business as usual. Everything has to be done within a certain time frame and we are falling behind with these setbacks. Hopefully, there aren't any to pop up tonight.

I haven't taken my depression medication for months now. I needed my mind to be clear of the haze it gives me. The downside is that I can feel myself slipping back into depression. Knowing that my guys are going through their own struggle, does not help because they are choosing to keep me out of the know.

I wish I had never listened to Maize and told my dad about everything. She never had my best interest at heart. I believe she wanted me to suffer because my dad cheated on her. She did all of this to get even. I am starting to grow an unimaginable amount of hate towards her. We had a lot of good days but this is outweighing all of them.

When my dad realizes that's what she did, he's going to snap. I don't want him to lose himself.

"Layla, you zoned out. Do you care to share your thoughts with me?"

I look up at Chasity and focus back on my therapy session. She's been counseling me since Dr. Jeff introduced us after the attack. Surprisingly, Duke comes to her as well.

"I'm afraid that since my memories are back, my dad won't be the same. I have this feeling deep down that something awful is going to happen."

"Something that I became aware of when you introduced your Dad, was that he loves you unconditionally. You are his world, his heart.

I can't imagine how hard it was for him to find out that you were abused mentally, emotionally, physically and now sexually. His response is no different than any parent that loves their child.

However, whatever he is dealing with, is something that he will have to work through on his own. Remember, you can't carry everyone's burden. You are barely carrying your own."

She's right but it's hard not to try and help him stay above the water, he helped me.

"You are right. I will continue to try to make my own mental stability a priority. Eventually, I will be at a point where I can be there for others."

"You said that you have been around Roman more frequently, tell me how that has been."

A fucking disaster.

"It's not easy. He proposed to her, I'm not sure that he is aware that I even know. I thought he would at least give me a heads up. We had discussed it at Asia's party, and he was the one who said that he didn't want me to be blindsided on things.

What makes it so hard to accept is that a couple of weeks ago, we had a big argument that led to me changing my phone number to keep the kids from contacting me."

She is shocked by this news. She has been trying to get me to back off from communication with them for a while now.

"Wow. That must have been a serious disagreement. Can you tell me about it?"

Not really.

"We couldn't agree on what should happen to their mother once she is found. I had a memory a while back and she hit me in my stomach during the attack."

I didn't completely lie, but she does not need all the details.

"What was the disagreement?"

"Roman chose to put his living children first. He believes that whatever is the quickest route is the best, he claims it is to protect the kids. I want her to suffer and spend the rest of her life knowing that she killed my son."