Chapter 79 - Kenneth

Saturday, August 2nd

Yesterday, Rella and I went to the courthouse and got married. She didn't want an actual wedding because her family wasn't going to be present.

They got mad when she cut them off. She told them that they needed to go to school or get jobs. If she saw that they were doing something with their lives, then she would contribute when they really needed it.

The only one who actually tried to do something was her brother. He enrolled in college and we take care of all his tuition and living expenses. He has a job. It's the reason he wouldn't have been present for the wedding.

"I can't believe your ass got married, again."

"Well, you don't have to believe it. These rings and our license is all the proof you need, Ace."

"I'm proud of you. I know it's real this time. Everything is gon' work out."

My mama and Denise decided to have dinner in our honor. Basically a reception. My family is here, Mrs. Estella, Ms. Diamond, and Pierre all showed up.

He didn't want to be part of our bullshit, in case James decided to move on us. It's not enough to keep him out of my kitchen though. The nigga is hooked on Mama and Ma's food.

"Did you tell her?"

I rubbed the back of my neck then answered.

"I sent her a text. I couldn't take a chance of hearing the pain in her voice."

"What did she say?"

"Nothing. I saw the bubble popup a few times, but she never replied."

"I haven't spoken to her so that could be a good thing or a bad thing."

"I know, but I'm praying she's okay. Everyone seems to think that she's finally accepting everything."

"Since we came back from Hawaii, I saw her twice. She seems to be at peace. She convinced Marty to spare Tasha's life, so that's saying something."

That was something amazing, Marty let Tasha leave. He gave her a plane ticket and a hundred grand. She signed the studios over to him since it was his money that started them. He told her that he would send pictures of the kids and that if MJ wanted to talk to her, he would allow him to call. She can't contact them first.

According to Link,Yoshi was waiting for her to arrive in Honolulu. He had listed the mansion and purchased a smaller condo. I guess he still had some connections because he was able to secure her another dance studio. It's small but it belongs to her. He's working in a real estate office.

I'm not sure what they did to bury all of the guards. Nothing has been on the news about the deaths.

"Let me show you something before Ricky and Tony show up."

We walked down to my basement and through my man cave to an area that I keep closed off from everyone. When he noticed what was inside, he stopped in his tracks.

"What... when did... how?"

"The one on the right has taken me over a year. I needed it to be perfect. That's specifically for Lay, she deserves it. The one in the middle, my mama is helping me with. I'm taking it to the cemetery.

I spoke with a company that will make a grave cover. It will have raised edges and they are going to add stones, toys and stuffed animals. They use epoxy to seal it. It should last for over thirty years. I know she will like it."

I'm praying that she does.

"She's going to love it, bruh. What's that one in the corner?"

"That's for Lay but no one is going to put their eyes on it before she does. I've been working on that one since he died. It's going to be part of a series if God allows me to keep my talent and sanity throughout the years."