Chapter 83 - Tiffany

Trigger Warning

Saturday, August 16th

Preston invited a few of us out to Miami to see if we could pull Layla out of her funk. From my understanding, this is how it has been for the past three years. The closer it gets to Keo's death anniversary, which happens to be a few days after his birthday, she gets depressed.

This ended up being a couple's trip. Myself and Aiden, Kai and Ricky, Lela and Rylo, Angel and Tony, Mills and Brody, then Rashad and his wife, Shunda who is my twin. We just clicked.

We have been here since Thursday and you wouldn't have known she was depressed. They had to make an appearance at Diamond Jreams to check out the progress since the grand opening would be in December.

Layla went straight to work. We were able to stay in a section of the resort that had rooms already completed. The site in the Bahamas was amazing, but they stepped it up a notch in Miami. I guess they had to make it appeal to the crowds.

Layla now has everyone thinking about partnering with Preston in some form. He has all of the amenities on sight so she pointed out that it would be a great benefit to everyone to work together. I was shocked that she even included me.

She had all of my current number for my boutiques. I guess having Angel as a partner now could have helped. Preston offered us a store front within the resort to open an exclusive boutique to his guests.

He's using Tony's security firm. Prentiss partnered with Link and they will be handling all of the cyber security. He even offered Lela and Rylo a storefront to have an on-site gym that offered classes to guests. They really thought of everything.

I think that Preston was most excited to be able to offer certain guests a three-day pass to Platinum Dreams by partnering with Aiden. Layla thought it worked hand in hand. They both could offer a pass to the other site, to bring repeat customers back to both. Increasing revenue because they each offered something exclusive that you can't find anywhere else.

Shunda said that Layla is making Preston a better person. If any of this happened pre-Kehlani, he would have told all of us to go fuck ourselves. Tonight, we have all decided to go to the club. Link, Kaidence, Prentiss, and Preston's secretary, Kelsey will be joining us for this last night.

This will be Layla's first official trip to a club, so Preston wanted to make it special for her. We have been relaxing at the spa all day.

"I can't believe that y'all have to go through all of this just to party. If I had to do this every weekend, y'all can count me out."

"Stop being a Debbie Downer, Lani. Grandmother has forbidden the twins to pop up on us, let's have a little fun."

"Lela, do you really think that she has that type of control?"

"She had Chantay and Claudia join in on her plans and told them to hold out on sex. Trust me they won't be here this weekend."

We all laughed.

"I want to be like them when I grow up. There's so many women who just give up sex after fifty, that couldn't be me. Aunt Leia better be cooking up something to keep this thang lubricated because I'm gon' still be fucking."

"Kai!"

"What, Lani? I have told you, you need to let Preston loosen you up. Stop being afraid. Everything that was holding you back is no longer an issue. It's time to live your life my little princess. Even Princess Peach let them brothers knock her lining loose."

"Oh my goodness! I'm so embarrassed. We are not really related, my dad said that Uncle Kale isn't his blood brother."

Kai narrows her eyes at Layla then starts to smile. Any time they do that, I know it's nothing nice.