Chapter 31 - Preston

Mature Content

After I left my Uncle's house, I made sure that Kehlani got home safely. We have been getting closer, but we have not had any real alone time lately. I'm hoping to change that soon.

"Dad, are you going to pick me back up tomorrow?"

"I need to make a run. Why don't you call your uncle?"

"I just might do that. Dad, can I ask you a question?"

"Anything, what's up?"

"Have you ever met your dad?"

If this bitch introduced that nigga to my son, I'll kill her ass.

"Yeah. I was seven when that nigga decided to dip. He was in and out for a minute, until he disappeared."

"This guy that mama is seeing, looks like you, just older."

"What's his name?"

"David."

Princeton David James, Sr.

"How long has yo' mama been seeing him?"

He gets quiet on me.

"Jream, you gon' start lying to me?"

"It's been a few years."

I look at him then look back at the road. Mothfuckas got me fucked up.

"How many years?"

"Five maybe. I think I was nine the first time I met him."

I try my best to keep my composure.

"Why did you treat Kehlani like shit if you knew your mama was fucking around the whole time anyway? Why didn't you ever tell me?"

"She said she was only with him because she got lonely when you pulled away from her. She promised that once she had you all to herself, she was gon' leave him alone and we would be a happy family.

She would always get depressed and say that she would kill herself. If I would have told you, then you would have left and I was afraid that she would."

I send Rashad a quick text, when I turn on their street and see this nigga's car in the driveway.

'I need a van at Shauntie's.'

'On it.'

I drove past the house headed to my mama's.

"Are you gon' kill him?"

"Depends on what his motives are."

"It's your dad, isn't it?"

"Yeah."

There is no need to lie to him. His mama has already been fucking his head up enough.

"Does mama have to die?"

I don't know what to tell him. The bitch deserves to die.

"If someone played on your top and tried to turn your blood against you, what would you do?"

My son is smart and old enough to learn the business but my goal was to be out of the game before he was. I only needed another year, maybe less.

"I would kill them."

"I know you love yo' mama and would do anything to protect her. That's a good thing and I always want you to have that in mind. However, if yo' mama or myself ever put you in danger, I want you to always protect yourself.

If you are in danger behind some shit that we started, as parents we should have known better. It's always our job to protect you first."

"I know what happened to Ari."