Chapter 89 - Layla

Trigger Warning

Saturday, August 23rd

"Are you sure you want to do this today?"

The ladies are here at our meeting spot, discussing plans of the pedophile ring. The guys will be joining us shortly. Everything was already taken care of, so it's basically just time to sit back and watch these sick bastards pay for all the pain they have caused all of those innocent children.

We were able to track down the majority of the victims and give them some type of monetary assistance. I drained all of the accounts they had hidden in offshore accounts. The payments won't erase what happened to them, but I hope it encourages them to at least keep living. The biggest gift to them will be coming in a few hours.

"I'm sure, this has to be done today. I need to give this day a new purpose. I can't continue to live in each anniversary drowning in sorrow. This time next year, this won't just be the day that my son died. It will be the day that thousands of children have quittance of debt that this evil has bestowed upon them for years.

On this day, for every year to come, those victims... survivors will remember that they were given a second chance. A second chance of a better life free of the shackles they were bound to. For me, it would have been done in Keo's name, and it is the only thing I want to remember about him and this day moving forward. An angel of deliverance.

I always saw his death as a senseless. Roman reminded me of something, God has everything planned for us and He knows exactly why it has to be done. In order for me to move forward, I have to forgive those who took him away. It's going to be hard, but my sanity depends on it.

I have to move on with my life because my son wants me to. He saved his sister's life and he's happy about that. I'm happy and grateful that he made such a huge impact before he was taken to be God's angel. That's what I want to remember about my son. As I watch Asia grow, I can rest easy knowing that Keoki is right there with her."

I had a dream last night. I was at the park watching Asia and Keo play. They were excited to see each other and it was like they were old friends. Keo never said a word to me, but he would whisper everything to Asia for her to relay it. It was like a game they played. I loved it.

He said that he loved me and Roman. He was happy that we were friends. He also said that Roman is always talking to him and praying for him. That made my heart ache because I thought he didn't care for our son. Keo was happy, and he said he wanted us all to be happy too.

What took me by surprise, was when he told Asia to tell me, to tell all four of his grandfathers not to be sad anymore. I was confused at first because I didn't know who the fourth grandfather would have been. Then he said it was Dr. Jeff.

When I woke up from the dream, I had to call Dr. Jeff and tell him everything. He broke down crying over the phone and I had to go to him. Gio and Hakeem drove me to their house and he was on the front porch, he had just gotten home and that's as far as he had made it.

He told me that he has been carrying an extreme amount of guilt and disappointment. He felt as though he let me down because he wasn't able to save Keo in time. He has never told me that before. He always apologized for not being able to do more. I never blamed him but he blamed himself.

We prayed and cried together and both made a promise to let go of the guilt, grief, and regret.

"I think that's a good idea, Kehlani. I'm so proud of the woman you are becoming. Now if I can get those two assholes of fathers to grow up, then you will be ready for my new son-in-law."

"Grammy, there's no hope for the twins. They are open to the idea. Uncle Keli is at least. I know you had something to do with that Aunt Claudia."

"I plead the fifth. I'm proud of you also, baby. You are my child, never forget that."