Chapter 54 - Aiden

All of the chaos is starting to take a toll on me. I feel like I'm back where I started when my mama went ape shit. At this point in my life, I just want to have a simple life. Run my companies, love my daughter, and fuck my wife so that we can expand our family.

Tiff has gone through a complete transformation just the short time she has been in therapy. I feel like she's the woman I fell in love with again. Even better this time around. It's not just an act this time either.

I knew she held a lot of resentment towards her mama, but I never knew how deep it was. I didn't even know that she was holding some towards Nick. Since she has been in therapy, her relationship with both has gotten stronger. She finally has that mother-daughter relationship she always wanted with Ms. Brenda.

That love spread over to my daughter, who absolutely loves spending time with her Grams and Grandpa Steph. She's already spoiled but they have put her on a level next to Lay. She's with them more than she is with us now. I have to call her to make an appointment for some father-daughter time.

"Trace should be here within an hour."

I look at my dad and it's like looking into my future. I'm sure in a few years, we could pass for twins. I'm confident that the two ladies under my roof will have those grays popping.

"Were you worried?"

He chuckles.

"Hell no. At least not for Trace. Now I don't know what we should expect when we see Chelsea."

As we are laughing, June and Tiffany walk into the room.

"Hey baby. What are you doing back? I thought we were meeting up at the spot?"

"I'm sorry, King. Your friend decided that he wanted to discuss something with us first."

I gave her a quick peck on the lips as June greeted my dad. Tiff does too. There's still some hesitancy with him completely forgiving her but their relationship is getting better. It will never be the same and she accepts it. He still loves her and will kill for her.

"Maybe I should get out of y'all way. I'm gon' head over and wait for my baby."

"Sean, can you stay? I can use all of the advice that I can get."

I look at June in shock. He's been on my dad's shit list too for hurting Lay. Now he wants advice from him. Must be some bullshit. I can't ever have a moment of peace.

"Before y'all start to assume shit, it's not what you think. Keith talked to Jream and found out that his mama got caught. Even though I hate them spending time together, they have become close friends.

Either way, he knows what's going on. Jream also revealed Ange getting caught, and he figured out that his mama has already got caught or will be next. Ange and Shauntie were hooking up on the regular according to what Jream said. Of course the delinquents asked their leader and Aria confirmed everything."

I'm gon' have to put their ass on watch now. Those mothafuckas might start running missions and shit. June takes a deep breath and slides his hands down his face.

"He wants her to go to jail. He doesn't want her to die. He does not want her back in their lives, but he does not want us to be responsible for her death."

"You won't be, there are plenty of people who I'm sure would be happy to pull that trigger. Fuck, say the word and it's done."

My dad is always straight-forward, no bullshitting. Fuck your feelings.

"Dad, I think you know that he really just wants his mama alive."

"I know what he wants, Aiden."

We lock eyes and I can see anger and regret that he still holds for what my mom did to me.