Chapter 30 - Layla

Trigger Warning

I went with Aunt Leia, Rome and Denise to make sure that Ari was okay and sleeping comfortably. They decided to let her sleep in their room so that she won't be alone tonight. I'm sure she won't be waking up until well over into tomorrow. Aunt Leia gave her a stronger dose once she was settled in. It only took a few minutes for her to fall asleep.

Aunt Leia decided to stay with Denise for a while to give her some comfort as well. This took a lot out of her. Ari is her baby, no matter who birthed her. Once Rome and I made it back downstairs, everyone started with their questions.

"Mothafuckas, shut the hell up! She will explain."

"First, I hope it was okay for me to invite Preston over."

"Damn Layla, you sleeping with the enemy and bringing him to our shit?"

Kai has been telling me that they suspect that I have been sleeping with Preston.

"I'm grown as fuck, Marcus. Who I do or do not sleep with, is my business. If you don't want him here, I can let him know. However, he has the information that you need."

Rome punches him in the chest and tells me that it's okay.

"Last month, Ari said that she thought she saw Alec at Steak-n-Shake. I had Link run all of the CCTV in the area and we couldn't find him. I told her that I would have someone follow her just in case."

Link jumps in.

"I tracked him and the nigga is still in Louisiana with her hoe ass mama. We were just gon' let it slide since he didn't step foot back in Georgia, but I found out that there's an eight year old girl living with them. It's some stripper's kid that dances with her."

"I had some people do some recon for me and he is already performing oral on this baby. No penetration, but we all know Ari's story."

They all nod their heads. I know they will go to war for her if need be and she needs to always be aware of that.

"He was never here. She saw her cousin, who happens to be his son. Ari would have never known who he was or that he existed because his mother moved away with him before Ari was born. He actually does not know that he exists. He raped his mother when she was only fifteen, he was twenty. Well it was statutory rape, they were actually a couple. Her parents moved to get her away from him because they didn't want them together."

"So why did you tell her that he disobeyed your orders?"

I looked at Roman and for the first time, I didn't feel any type of emotions towards him.

"He did. He's hurting another child and I specifically told him what would happen if I found out that he did."

We can hear the doorbell go off inside of the home. They all tense up.

"You all are going to feel so dumb in about five seconds."

Preston walks through the door following one of Rome's guards. Jream and half of the misfits come behind them; Jordan and Christian.

"Hey, beautiful. I stopped and took care of that for you."

"Thanks, Pres. The reason I invited him is because Ari was hanging out with these fellas last week and met a boy."

"What fucking boy? When the hell did she have time to be with any boy?"

I shake my head at Rome.

"She meets up with them after we finish work. She's always supervised and besides, these three are scared shitless of her. She gave this kid her number thinking that she found another friend. If you haven't noticed, Ari does not have very many friends her age and girls are too immature and petty to be friends with her. They are intimidated."